The Department of Native American Studies is fortunate to have a modest amount of scholarship money available to Native American students enrolled at Montana State University. Descriptions and criteria for specific scholarships may be found by following the links below. Please read the criteria carefully to determine if you qualify for the scholarship before you apply.
Eligibility for need-based scholarships is determined by the MSU financial aid office, consequently students who wish to be considered for need-based scholarships MUST complete the FAFSA student aid application. Need-based scholarships will not be awarded to students who have not completed the FAFSA application.
- Returning MSU students are not eligible for these scholarships. In other words, scholarships are intended for entering first year students or beginning graduate students. However, graduating seniors at MSU are eligible to apply for the President's Native American Excellence Scholarship to support students pursuing a Masters in Native American Studies at Montana State University.
- Scholarships are for students intending to enroll at Montana State University, Bozeman and are non-transferable.
Scholarship applications are due by August 1, 2013 for the academic year beginning August 2012. Applicants will be notified if they have received an award in mid to late August 2013.
For further information about receiving or sponsoring a scholarship, contact the Department of Native American Studies:
Via E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (406) 994.3881 FAX: (406) 994-3343 Mailing Address: 2-179 Wilson Hall
Bozeman, MT 59717-2340
FAX and electronic submissions are acceptable; please contact the Department of Native American Studies for submission instructions.
Click on the Scholarship link to download the application:
- Pramila K. Tummala Memorial Scholarship
- President's Native American Excellence Scholarship
- Bobby Wright Memorial Scholarship
For information about other financial aid/scholarship opportunities, see http://www.montana.edu/admissions/images/NativeAmericanScholarshipGuide.pdf.
Department of Native American Studies
Montana State University
P.O. Box 172340
Bozeman, MT 59717-2340
Tel: (406) 994-3881
Fax: (406) 994-3343
Location: 2-179 Wilson Hall