No one wants to deal with suspensions, but they happen. Montana State University has a new (2011) process for handling suspension appeals in a timely manner. The changes include:
- New Cover Sheet – renamed from form (which conveys “just fill this out”) to cover sheet (implies “there’s more information that must be provided”). More information on what is required of the appealing student has also been provided.
- Document Scanning – The paper documents submitted by the student are scanned in the Dean's Office to create an electronic document.
- Electronic Transfer – The electronic appeal documents are uploaded to a secure university drive. All members of the University Suspension Appeals Board (USAB) will access the electronic document on the secure drive.
- Timing – appeal documents can be uploaded as soon as they are available in the Deans’ Offices.
The new process is intended to help make these important decisions in a more timely manner, and make the data more easily available to everyone who needs it.
Documents for Download:
- For Students: Suspension Appeal Cover Sheet
- For Administrative Staff: Information for Administrative Assistants (help on how to implement the new electronic submission process)