Highlighted names are e-mail links.
|Name||Position||Represents||Term#||Ends||Diane Donnelly||Chair||University Studies||-||----|
|Singel, David||Ex officio||Academic Affairs||-||----||Ashley, Bonnie B||Member||Registrar||-||----||Beck, Carina||Member||Career Services||-||----|
|Boyd, Jane||Member||Ag Economics/Economics||-||----||Burns, James Charles||Member||Native American Studies||-||----|
|Clark, Jennifer||Member||Education||-||----||Dorgan, Diane||Member||Admissions||-||----|
|Gutzman, Melissa||Member||Nursing||-||----||Haskins, Judi||Member||University Studies||-||----||Hecox, Renee||Member||Civil Engineering||-||----||Jagger, Tabby||Member||Gallatin College Programs||-||----|
|Jencso, Jen||Member||Business||-||----||Lane, Patricia A||Member||University Studies||-||----||Lamb, Christine||Member||Business & ADC||-||----||McDonald, Linda R||Member||Land Resources & Env Sciences||-||----||Meldahl, Cindy||Member||Education Advising Center||-||----|
|Miller, Vicki||Member||Film & Photography||-||----|
|Nielsen-Preiss, Sheila||Member||Health Professions||-||----|
|Rizzuto, Jamie||Member||Athletics||-||----||Sherick, Heidi Marie||Member||Engineering||-||----||Swanson, Erika||Member||Student Affairs||-||----|
|Thompson, Denise||Member||Animal & Range Sciences||-||----|
|Van Horn, Bill||Member||AFROTC||-||----||Weaver, Kathleen S||Member||HHD Advising Center||-||----|
|Weston, Jerri||Member||Registrar's Office||-||----||York, Brenda Kay||Member||Disabilities||-||----||Zajdel, Melody M||Member||Letters & Science||-||----|
- Develop and implement long-range advising plan
- Review faculty advising incentives
- Assess existing advising systems and student/department needs
- Review advisor/student ratios
- Develop advising survey to assess student satisfaction
- Investigate advising center model to support faculty advising
- Conduct advising workshops (Core 2.0, new programs, minors)
- Develop a strategy for retaining students as they change majors
- Enhance summer undergraduate advising
- Develop a strategy to identify students who are dropping out, or "stopping out" and intend to return to MSU, to provide information and assistance regarding re-enrollment
- Develop a plan to inform students of their advisor assignment and contact information
- Establish effective processes for advising and providing academic support for probationary and reinstated students
- Develop a plan to improve transfer student advising process
Voting Members:Faculty representatives from Agriculture, Arts & Architecture, Letters, Science, Engineering, and a representative from EHHD.
Length of Term
Faculty, classified and professional members: three years, renewable, staggered. Student member: one year, renewable.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs' office from college dean nominations and those in Student Advising positions.
Title--Interim Director of Academic Advising Center
Appointed By--Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Length of Term--Term of office