Student Progress Oversight Committee
FY10-11 Membership; Updated November 2010
Highlighted names are e-mail links.
Beck, CarinaChair (co-)Student Affairs-----
|Young, Gregory D||Chair (co-)||Academic Affairs||-||----|
|Donnelly, Diane||Member||University Studies||1||2013|
|Payne, Brandi L||Member||Financial Aid||1||2011|
|Rimpau, Jim||Ex-Officio||Planning and Analysis||---||----|
|Fastnow, Chris||Member||Planning and Analysis||1||2011|
|Sherick, Heidi Marie||Member||Deans/Assistant Deans||1||2011|
|Luebbers, James||Member||Dean of Students Office||1||2013|
|Yarnell, Allen L||Ex-Officio||Student Affairs||---||----|
|Lansverk, Marvin||Ex-Officio||Faculty Senate||---||----|
|York, Brenda||Member||Disabilities, ReEntry, Veteran Services||1||2013|
- Develop a comprehensive university retention plan;
- Oversee implementation of the plan;
- Monitor student retention and academic progress, particularly minority students and other students not presently addressed in our cohort data analysis;
- Assess the effectiveness of retention efforts on campus and promote successful strategies;
- Study the low sophomore-junior retention rate problem and other emerging issues;
- Communicate the activities of SPOC to the entire campus on a regular basis; and
- Prepare an annual retention progress report to the president, UPBAC and the president's executive council (PEC).
Voting Members: Reps from Deans/Assistant Deans, Faculty, Planning & Analysis, Financial Aid, and Academic Affairs Committee of Faculty Council.
Length of Term
Three years, renewable.
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs' office and Vice President for Student Affairs' office.
Current CO-Chairs -- Greg Young and Carina Beck
Title -- Provost for Undergraduate Education; Director of Career Internships & Student Employee Services
Appointed By -- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Vice President for Student Affairs
Length of Term -- Term of office
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
Vice President for Student Affairs
Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs Vice President for Student Affairs