> Office of Disability, Re-Entry and Veteran Services > Disabled Student Services
- Relax and make eye contact.
- Sit down when possible to give the person a more comfortable viewing angle.
- Ask before helping, and don't provide the assistance until your offer has been accepted.
Listen to any instructions the person may want to give.
- Make sure the person is ready before you start pushing the wheelchair.
- Don't lean on the person's chair or put your feet on it. Many view such behavior as overly