Safety and Risk Management assists University Personnel with safety and compliance trainings. All of the trainings listed are free of charge for University Personnel. Personnel is defined for this purpose as Staff, Faculty, Employees, or Student Employees of the University; essentially anyone receiving a paycheck from MSU. Requests for unique trainings or group trainings may be requested through the Training and Development Coordinator at email@example.com or 994-7760.
We are happy to announce that we have integrated our training registration into a new system! Our Training Calendar is now published through MSU Events Calendar, and our Training Registration has been integrated into Banner. If you have any issues with the new registration, or finding our trainings, please let the Training and Development Coordinator know.
SRM offers two different types of trainings.
- Classroom/Hands-On Training: Common classes are First Aid, CPR/AED, Fire Extinguisher Safety, Laboratory Safety, Ladder Safety, Defensive Driving, etc.
- **PLEASE NOTE: This link will take you to a general log in page.
- At the login enter username: 6450632 & password: 59718.
- After you log in and choose a course you will enter your personal information for record keeping.
MSU Vehicle Use
Employees or students that will be driving State or University owned/leased/rented vehicles will need to complete the Vehicle Use Form and submit it per the instructions on the form.
Employees or students that will be driving State or University owned/leased/rented vehicles that have a capacity of eight (8) to ten (10) occupants will need to take 1 of 4 courses every 3 years:
- Defensive Driving for Noncommercial Motorists (Online course, if it asks for credentials, use username: 6450632 & password: 59718)
- Driver Safety for Campuses (Classroom course by request)
- Defensive Driving - DDC-4 (Classroom course) Successful completion of this course often creates eligibility for a discount on your personal auto insurance.
- MT DRI.V.E. - This is a hands-on advanced driving course offered from June - August in Lewistown, MT. Limited annual Scholarships are available through SRM - contact the Training and Development Coordinator (994-7760) for more information.
Employees or students that will be driving State or University owned/leased/rented vehicles that have eleven (11) or more occupants will need to take every 3 years (permission to use/purchase a large occupancy vehicle must be obtained through the SRM Director):
If you have a question regarding your training records, please contact the Training and Development Coordinator (994-7760)