Safety and Risk Management assists University Personnel with safety and compliance trainings. All of the trainings listed are free of charge for University Employees. If a course you need is not present, if it is not offered at an appropriate time, or if you want a dedicated training for your group, please contact the Training and Development Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 994-7760.
SRM offers two different types of trainings.
- Classroom/Hands-On Training: Common classes are First Aid, CPR/AED, Fire Extinguisher Safety, Laboratory Safety, Ladder Safety, Defensive Driving, etc.
- **PLEASE NOTE: This link will take you to a general log in page.
- At the login enter username: 6450632 & password: 59718.
- After you log in and choose a course you will enter your personal information for record keeping.
MSU Vehicle Use
Employees or students that will be driving State or University owned/leased/rented vehicles will need to complete the Vehicle Use Form and submit it per the instructions on the form.
Employees or students that will be driving State or University owned/leased/rented vehicles that have a capacity of eight (8) to ten (10) occupants will need to take 1 of 4 courses every 3 years:
- Defensive Driving for Noncommercial Motorists (Online course, if it asks for credentials, use username: 6450632 & password: 59718)
- Driver Safety for Campuses (Classroom course by request)
- Defensive Driving - DDC-4 (Classroom course) Successful completion of this course often creates eligibility for a discount on your personal auto insurance.
- MT DRI.V.E. - This is a hands-on advanced driving course offered from June - August in Lewistown, MT. Limited annual Scholarships are available through SRM - contact the Training and Development Coordinator (994-7760) for more information.
Employees or students that will be driving State or University owned/leased/rented vehicles that have eleven (11) or more occupants will need to take every 3 years (permission to use/purchase a large occupancy vehicle must be obtained through the SRM Director):
If you have a question regarding your training records, please contact the Training and Development Coordinator (994-7760)