MSU Alumni Foundation
1501 South 11th Avenue
P.O. Box 172750
Bozeman, MT 59717-2750
Tel: (406) 994-2053
Toll Free: (800) 457-1696
Fax: (406) 994-6081
President & CEO
Double, even triple the impact of your gift through a matching gift. To learn if your company has a matching gifts program, click here.
The Office of Corporate Relations serves as a liaison between Montana State University and Corporations, facilitating and building mutually beneficial relationships between the business community and Montana State University (MSU). For many companies, the CFR office is the first point of entry into the University community. From large, global companies to local area businesses and company-sponsored foundations, Corporate Relations enables companies to participate in and benefit from a relationship with MSU.
At the same time, Corporate Relations helps companies identify areas of need and interest, establish and develop relationships between the company and University faculty, researchers, students and staff; and build a partnership based on mutually beneficial opportunities.
Business and industry have played a significant role at MSU for decades through generous philanthropic support. They also provide opportunities for students and faculty though post-graduate employment, internships, faculty grants and sponsored research.
In return for their support, corporations gain many competitive advantages, such as:
- Strengthening ties to the state's premier land-grant research university
- Supporting and accessing pertinent research
- Working with MSU's students and faculty
- Enhancing their public image
- Playing a leading role in the state's economic development
- Having a head start in attracting MSU's talented, diverse and leadership-ready graduates to their workforce
By offering opportunities that provide the greatest benefit, increase visibility and enhance recruiting potential, Corporate Relations works with businesses to determine how their gifts can be used to best serve the needs of both the campus and the corporation.
The Office of Foundation Relations manages MSU’s relationships with foundations and supports a variety of project-driven fundraising activities. Foundation Relations’ mission is to:
- Maintain and expand MSU’s institutional relationships with private foundations
- Help deans, faculty members, and school development officers develop strategies for approaching and cultivating foundations for support
- Research foundation prospects
- Coordinate the clearance process for approaches to foundations through the use of the clearance request form (Clearance Request Form) & (Instructions)
- Assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Work with faculty to acknowledge and report on grant awards
- Arrange a campus visit for a potential funder
- Provide a broad range of support services for key projects and initiatives that includes:
- Proposal development
- Foundation strategy development
- Preparation of concept summaries, letters of inquiry and proposals
- Coordination and contact with program officers when appropriate
- Cultivation and stewardship activities
The MSU campus abounds with innovative ideas and initiatives of nationally and internationally acclaimed scientists and scholars. Our priority is to match MSU’s brightest stars with foundations and associations that share their vision, dedication and commitment to excellence.
The services of the Office of Foundation Relations are available to all of our MSU colleagues: development officers, sponsored projects officers, faculty and staff. We are committed to providing whatever level of assistance is requested. Our ability to do so depends on timely communication from colleagues of all foundation solicitation activities as early in the process as possible.