MSU Alumni Foundation
1501 South 11th Avenue
P.O. Box 172750
Bozeman, MT 59717-2750
Tel: (406) 994-2053
Toll Free: (800) 457-1696
Fax: (406) 994-6081
President & CEO
By giving a current gift, you will make a difference today.
Create your legacy now - make plans to make a difference later with future gifts.
Whether working in the classroom or behind the scenes, MSU's faculty and staff are critical to the success of Montana State University. The Foundation offers a variety of resources for faculty and staff to assist in their efforts to advance MSU and enhance the student experience.
Giving to MSU
- Make a Gift Now - Faculty and staff are encouraged to use the Foundation's secure online giving page to make an immediate gift.
- Payroll Deduction Gifts - Faculty and staff can easily give to MSU through payroll deduction. Call (406) 994-2053 for more information.
- University Appeal - Conducted annually, the University Appeal provides faculty, staff and retirees with an opportunity to join together to support MSU. During the 2009-10 year, 325 employees and retirees gave over $120,000 in support of MSU.
The Office of Corporate & Foundation Relations (CFR) provides faculty and staff with a wide variety of assistance throughout the granting process including:
- Grant Opportunity Identification - research and recommend potential funding sources
- Grant Proposals – strategic advice and editing for letters of inquiry and proposal development
- Grant Support - coordinate needed documentation and serve as point of contact for funder
- Support Management - receive and acknowledge grant, coordinate ongoing fulfillment of granting requirements
To contact CFR, call (406) 994-3046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions relating to active scholarships, contact MSU's Office of Financial Aid Services at (406) 994-2845.
Information on our fees and endowment spending policy is covered in our fund administration policy.
For other questions relating to foundation-held endowments and accounts (non-scholarship), contact the foundation's accounting office at (406) 994-2053.
Deposits and Disbursements
To ensure accuracy, when making a deposit to the Foundation or requesting disbursements from Foundation accounts, complete and submit one of the following forms:
- MSUF Gift Deposit Form
- MSUF Non-Gift Deposit Form (i.e. ticket sales, etc.)
- MSUF Disbursement Voucher
For questions relating to disbursements, refer to our Disbursements Policy.
Whether via newsletters, email, telephone, or direct mail, all direct and indirect requests for gifts of under $25,000 on behalf of MSU must be cleared through the Foundation's Annual Fund Office. Clearance is required to avoid conflicting solicitations, ensure accuracy of data, and to track MSU's overall fundraising success. Please refer to the Annual Giving Solicitation Clearance Policy. At least 4 weeks prior to sending the solicitation, complete and submit the Annual Giving Solicitation Clearance Form.
Free webinars courtesy of the Foundation Center:
Documents needed in order to submit proposals:
Event and Meeting Space Use(Updated January 30, 2012)
The Great Room and Conference Room in the Foundation/Alumni Center are unavailable until further notice. Our staff will assist in relocating all previously-scheduled events.
Contact the development officer for your college or department.