May Building Community
- "What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make." —Jane Goodall, MSU Wallace Stegner Lecture speaker in 2008
- "People are absent from the pages of history. There is much that we can incorporate into the traditional disciplines. As a grandmother, I would say, 'slow down.' I would also remind you to be kind. You are the ancestors of those who are yet to come." —Henrietta Mann, founding president of the Cheyenne and Arapaho Tribal College, the first professor to occupy the MSU Katz Endowed Chair in Native American Studies where she is Professor Emeritus and remains as Special Assistant to the President.
- "We don't accomplish anything in this world alone... and whatever happens is the result of the whole tapestry of one's life and all the weavings of individual threads form one to another that creates something." —Sandra Day O'Connor, first female Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court and speaker at the Museum of the Rockies 50th anniversary celebration speaker series, 2007
- "You take people as far as they will go, not as far as you would like them to go." —Rep. Jeannette Rankin, R-Mont., the first woman elected to the U.S. Congress and the only member of Congress to vote against both WWI and WWII. Recipient of an MSU honorary degree in 1961
- No events at this time
More May Events
- JJCBE Women's Circle of Excellence Conference Thursday, May 8, 12:00pm Thursday, May 8th, 2014 from 12:00 pm - 6:30 pm at Bozeman, MT, Riverside Country Club
The Montana State University Jake Jabs College of Business & Entrepreneurship (JJCBE) will host the 7th annual Women's Circle of Excellence (WCOE)...Learn More
- Letters and Science Distinguished Speakers Series, Sybilla Beckmann Monday, May 12, 4:10pm Monday, May 12th, 2014 at 4:10 pm at Strand Union Building, Procrastinator Theater
Dr. Sybilla Beckmann, the Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor of Mathematics at the University of Georgia, will present "Building a Community of All Math Teachers and Professionalizing Math Teaching at All Levels."Learn More
News & Announcements
- Course on politics, virtue and leadership to be offered
As part of the Year of Engaged Leadership, undergraduates have the opportunity to enroll in PSCI 291: Politics, Virtue & Leadership, a course taught by MSU professor Sara Rushing.
- MSU grad student to speak Dec. 4 on developments in analyzing metabolism Tuesday, November 26
Tuesday, November 26th, 2013
A free public lecture about the use of microfluidic chips to detect and treat human disease will be given Dec. 4 at MSU.
- Founder of national programs promoting academic excellence to deliver MSU's MLK lecture Jan. 21 Tuesday, December 31
Tuesday, December 31st, 2013
Carl McNair, founder and president of the McNair Achievement Programs and brother of the late astronaut Ronald McNair, will deliver MSU's annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Lecture.
- No events at this time