- "Finding beauty in a broken world is creating beauty in the world we find." —Terry Tempest Williams, 2011 MSU Friends of Stegner Lecture Series
- "I maintain that nothing useful and lasting can emerge from violence." —Shirin Ebadi, Iranian lawyer, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and the first recipient of the MSU Presidential Medal for Global and Visionary Leadership in 2008
- "Sometimes when you come back from places (like Washington) you feel like a failure, but you look toward the mountains and get all energized again and think, 'I'm gonna give 'em hell again. They're not gonna' get the best of me.' It kind of pumps you up." —The late Elouise Cobell, Blackfoot elder, activist, banker, rancher and former MSU student who was a lead plaintiff in the groundbreaking litigation Cobell v. Salazar, 1 $3.4 billion successful lawsuit challenged the United States' mismanagement of trust funds belonging to more than 500,000 individual Native Americans. Cobell received an honorary doctorate from MSU in 2002
More December Events All open to public
- Kopriva Science Seminar Series, Joshua Heinemann Wednesday, December 4, 4:10pm Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 at 4:10 pm at Chemistry and Biochemistry Building, Byker Auditorium
Joshua Heinemann, a doctoral student in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at Montana State University, will present "Development of Microfluidics Technology for 'Real-Time' Analysis of Metabolism."Learn More
- Mask Workshop: Healing Wednesday, December 4, 7:00pm Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Strand Union Building, Room 168
Stephanie Campell, a professor in the Film and Photography Department, is leading a Mask Workshop: a creative workshop in character exploration using masks and theatre techniques that will focus on the values highlighted during the MSU Year of Engaged Leadership.Learn More
- Letters and Science Fellows in Engagement Lecture Wednesday, December 11, 12:00pm Wednesday, December 11th, 2013 from 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm at Plant Biosciences Building, Room 108
David Parker, associate professor in the Department of Political Science, will present "Doing Politics: Civic Engagement in the Classroom and in the World."Learn More
News & Announcements
- Course on politics, virtue and leadership to be offered
As part of the Year of Engaged Leadership, undergraduates have the opportunity to enroll in PSCI 291: Politics, Virtue & Leadership, a course taught by MSU professor Sara Rushing.
- Expert on U.S. Supreme Court to lecture Sept. 25 at MSU Thursday, September 5
Thursday, September 5th, 2013
Marcia Coyle, author and Chief Washington Correspondent at The National Law Journal, will speak about "The Supreme Court on Same Sex Marriage, Gun Rights and Campaign Finance."
- MSU and Bozeman libraries to host Sept. 23 event in recognition of Banned Books Week Thursday, September 12
Thursday, September 12th, 2013
"Bozeman Reads...Banned Books" will be held from 7-9 p.m. in the community room at Bozeman Public Library. The event will feature representatives from the MSU and Bozeman communities sharing selections from books that have been banned or challenged.
- No events at this time