Canceled: Fire Extinguisher Operations and Safety Training
- Wednesday, February 12, 2014 from 1:30pm to 2:30pm
- Strand Union Building - view map
Due to the windy conditions, today's course has been canceled. Our next offering is on March 6, and you can register for it at: https://atlas.montana.edu:9000/apex/f?p=112:LOGIN:112982303315542
Safety and Risk Management is hosting a training on Fire Extginguisher Operations and Safety. This course examines the types of fire extinguishers and offers hands-on experience with putting out fires with a fire extinguisher. This includes the requirements as outlined in OSHA's 1910.157 standard, Portable Fire Extinguishers.
Intended Audience: All employees that are designated as a part of their Emergency Action Plan to use a fire extinguisher are required to attend annually. All employees are encouraged to attend.
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Select an appropriate fire extinguisher for different scenarios and locations
- Perform a basic inspection of a fire extinguisher
- Use and Operate a fire extinguisher
Registration is required and registration can be completed at: https://atlas.montana.edu:9000/apex/f?p=112:LOGIN:112982303315542
Please contact Trevor with any questions: email@example.com
- Safety and Risk Management