The Power of Connection continuing education course begins
- Wednesday, October 11, 2017 from 8:30am to 12:30pm
The Power of Connection is a new non-credit continuing education course that helps participants strengthen their personal and professional relationships and communication.
Participants will learn unique tools to resolve differences that result in partnerships where each person creates what they each want.
In this four-week course (Oct. 11 - Nov. 8), you will learn how to:
~identify the unconscious patterns of the fixed mindset and experience a tool that transforms our limiting behaviors to a growth mindset.
~focus on three levels of engagement: the individual, the group, and the culture.
~shift your mindset and structure conversations for increasing trust, empowerment, and creativity.
The instructors teach specific skills on purposes, boundaries, acknowledgement as well as how to speak with authenticity to create win-win outcomes in challenging situations.
Participants will learn to:
1. Identify and examine key relationships where there are obstacles in communicating in our professional and/or personal lives.
2. Assess inner-motives (self-defeating thinking) and resistance behaviors (cross purposes) that limit authentic communications. (The Fixed Mindset)
3. Formulate and demonstrate the process of eliminating self-defeating thinking; creating clarity, and connecting to our highest purposes within conversations. (The Growth Mindset)
4. Comprehend and apply a four-step process for transforming critical conversations.
5. Establish purposes and boundaries in our key relationships; and, to give and receive acknowledgment.
Lei-Anna Bertelsen has been an educator since 1989. She holds degrees in Psychology, Multidisciplinary Studies, Elementary Education, and Mathematics Education. She has taught elementary and middle school; served as a specialist, coach, and consultant, and non-tenured faculty. She has been involved with the Kairos Foundation, More to Life Programs since 2007 and served in Leadership, Mastery Teaching, Mentoring, and as a Trainer Candidate.
Troy Bertelsen has a degree in Psychology, is a member of the Directors and Actors Guilds, and has numerous certifications in personal training and the health industry. He has a range of professional experiences as an entrepreneur in health and fitness, film production, sales, and personal and professional coaching. He has been involved with the Kairos Foundation, More to Life Programs since 2007 serving in Leadership, Mastery Teaching, Mentoring, and as a Trainer Stryker.
$299. MSU students, staff and faculty save $50 with promo code POWER50
Learn more or register online at