Presidential Faculty Leadership Fellowship applications due April 10
Applications for the MSU Presidential Faculty Leadership Fellowship are now being accepted. Applications are due to Maggie Hayes, MSU assistant to the president, by Tuesday, April 10.
The Presidential Faculty Leadership Fellowship is designed to provide select motivated senior faculty members with the opportunity to develop their academic administrative leadership capacity. The fellowship provides qualified faculty with the opportunity to learn from, work with, and work as senior-level university academic leaders.
Components of the program include the following:
Mentorship: Fellows will receive formal mentoring from the provost and president and can seek additional mentorship from other university leaders (e.g., administration and finance, dean, etc).
• Fellows participate in site visits to MUS campuses or campuses outside of the system.
• Fellows attend national conferences commensurate with their professional development aspirations.
• Fellows attend and participate in leadership meetings, campus councils, and other events consistent with their professional development goals.
• Fellows are exposed to a variety of campus administration experiences, including areas unrelated to their professional goals such as Residence Life, Student Success, Athletics, Facilities, and Extension during the Fellowship year.
Knowledge: Fellows will develop a list of readings to supplement their experience and mentorship.
Contribution: In consultation with mentors, Fellows will identify project-based initiatives that will both help Fellows develop their leadership skills and contribute to the success of Montana State University.
The Presidential Faculty Leadership Fellowship is an opportunity for select faculty members to immerse themselves in the culture, policies and decision-making process of MSU over the course of an academic year while receiving mentorship from senior academic leaders. Fellows will be active participants in leadership meetings and councils, gain perspective on academic administration through site visits, conference attendance and exposure to the breadth of university operations. They will supplement their direct experiences with targeted readings and demonstrate their leadership capacity by completing special projects consistent with their learning objectives.
The exact nature of each faculty member’s experience will be unique and constructed to meet the professional development goals of the Fellow.
It is expected that fellows will engage the fellowship experience on a part-time basis and will maintain some contribution to their academic unit. Upon being selected, fellows will discuss a distributed work load and compensation in collaboration with their department head, dean and the provost.
To be eligible to be considered for the Presidential Faculty Leadership Fellowship, applicants must:
Hold a full-time faculty appointment
Complete a formal application
Submit a letter of support from their department head and college dean.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee appointed by the president and comprised of campus leaders that may include the provost, an MSU Regents Professor, an academic dean, and a vice president.
Applications will be reviewed in the spring semester of each year.
To apply, attach the following documents to an email to email@example.com or deliver to Montana Hall 211.
1. A completed application form.
2. A copy of your current curriculum vita.
3. Letters of support from your department head and college dean. In the case of a college with no departments, please submit a single letter from your dean.
For more information, or to request an application, contact Hayes at Maggie.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Montana Hall 211.
- President's Office