Can the Griz Collection Sites
This year marks the 19th annual Can the Griz/Can the Bobcats Food Drive, a friendly off-field competition between Montana State University and Bozeman Community and the University of Montana and Missoula Community to see who can collect the most donations for their local food banks. The competition will start on Saturday, November 3rd and will end on Saturday, November 17th at the end of the first quarter of the Brawl of the Wild game, which will be held in Missoula this year.
Last year, MSU and the Bozeman community donated a record 257,336 pounds of food plus $131,757 to the Gallatin Valley Food Bank. The UM and Missoula community also raised a record amount of 252,038 pounds of food plus $139,008 for the Missoula Food Bank. All of the food collected at Can the Griz remains in the Gallatin Valley and is used to support our friends, our neighbors, and our children’s classmates.
The campus community is invited to help us Can the Griz by donating non-perishable items or volunteering their time beginning on November 3rd through November 17th. This year we have consolidated the campus Can the Griz collection sites to the following locations:
- Office of the President- 211 Montana Hall
- Office of Student Engagement- 222 Strand Union Building
- Jake Jabs College of Business and Entrepreneurship- Map Room
- Marga Hosaeus Fitness Center-Front Desk
- MSU Alumni Foundation-1501 South 11th Avenue
- Renne Library-Front Desk
All MSU offices or departments are welcome create their own collection site displays, but all donations must be delivered to one of the six locations listed above by Friday, November 16th at 12pm. Food not delivered to one of the six locations will need to be dropped off to the Gallatin Valley Food bank by 3pm on Friday, November 16th.
How can your office or department participate?
- Host a friendly competition in your department/organization
- Collect money
- Host a food drive day in your office or department
- Promote #canthegriz on Facebook and Twitter
For more information, or to sign up to volunteer, please visit www.canthegriz.com or call 994-2933.
- Office of Student Engagement