Training: AED Basics
- Thursday, November 15, 2018 from 10:00am to 10:30am
- Gaines Hall, Lobby Near the AED Cabinet - view map
Automated External Defibrillators (AED) are essential LIFE SAVING TOOLS that are easy to use, and designed for everyone to use in an emergency situation. MSU has over 80 of these on campus, and you should spend the time to learn to use it, as they are found everywhere throughout the USA (Pools, Malls, Stadiums, Businesses, Athletic Clubs, etc.). This course teaches you about AEDs, their functions, how they operate, and allows you to use AED trainers on Manikins to become familiar with the operations.
Intended Audience: All employees are encouraged to attend.
Duration: 1/2 hour
How you will benefit: At the conclusion of the course you will be able to:
- Locate the nearest AED to you on campus
- Turn on an AED
- Operate the AED safely and properly
- Give assistance until Advanced Medical Assistance is available
Registration is Required! ** A (5) person minimum is required to conduct this training **
- Safety and Risk Management