Info session on enhancing digital literacy and creativity in the classroom with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Thursday, December 13, 2018 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Barnard Hall, 128 - view map
As part of MSU's new partnership with Adobe that licensed all students with Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) software, the Adobe Digital Literacy Course Enhancement pilot offers funding and support to faculty who wish to revise an existing course assignment to include student use of Adobe CC.
An information session about Adobe CC and how to apply for funding and support related to creativity in the classroom and digital literacy using Adobe Creative Cloud is hosted by MSU University’s Information Technology, along with Academic Technology & Outreach.
Adobe CC is a cloud-based suite of creative tools designed for all skill levels in areas such as video editing, photography, digital art, print layout, web design, and many more. In order to encourage student adoption of the Adobe CC tools, MSU is seeking applications from faculty for funding ($2,500) to support the revision of an existing course assignment to include student use of one or more Adobe CC products.
ATO and Adobe representatives will introduce the Adobe CC suite and inspire ideas for its use in all types of classes. All interested faculty are invited to attend this introductory session to share in the brainstorming process. Snacks will be provided, so registration is appreciated but not required. If you are unable to attend the in-person information session above, you may still participate via Webex.
You do not need to be familiar with the Adobe CC products before beginning your proposal.
A sample of Adobe CC assignment ideas include:
- English – Write an original poem and record it in Audition (audio).
- History – Create a digital museum exhibit using Spark (webpage).
- Chemistry – Document a lab experiment using Premier Pro (video).
- Business – Storyboard a conflict resolution scenario in Illustrator (drawing).
- Marketing – Build a digital photo collage that represents a specific target audience (photo).
To RSVP, contact Maureen Moulchin at 406-994-6550 or Maureen.Moulchin@montana.edu.
- Academic Technology and Outreach