FD101: Budget Basics and MSU Funding Sources Provided by University Business Services
- Wednesday, April 17, 2019 from 10:00am to 11:00am
- Strand Union Building, 233 - view map
The Financial Development Certification program provides skill building, tools, and professional development to MSU employees performing departmental accounting at MSU. This course is also helpful for those employees wishing to develop skills and move into financial management positions at MSU.
The FD101: Budget Basics and MSU Funding Sources course covers;
- Review various fund types and their sources of revenue/income
- Working with Foundation funds
- Types of transactions handled by Budget Office vs. those handled by UBS
- How funds move across the University, between departments
- Budget cycle, Accounting cycle (Fiscal Year End, how Budget and UBS work together, combined timeline)
- Discuss various types of budget adjustments and how they appear in the Operating Ledger
Budget and Fund Balance reports
To register for this training, visit HR Training Registration.
- Terry Bishop