MTIP Innovation Readiness Market Research Workshop at MSU TechLink Center February 28!
- Thursday, February 28, 2019 from 8:30am to 1:00pm
- Montana Manufacturing Center (MMEC), Large Conference Room - view map
The MTIP Innovation Readiness Series is a collection of workshops that will teach you how to tackle market research for high-tech innovations and how to prepare well-crafted and persuasive SBIR/STTR proposals.
Market Research for early-stage technology researchers and inventors
This half-day market research workshop will help early-stage technology researchers prepare and validate a strong business case for their innovation in preparation to submit competitive proposals for federal funding from the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs or other similar innovation/commercial-focused funding.
- Why market research is critical for commercialization, how to identify the size of the market for your innovation, and how to identify where the value proposition is strongest
- How to describe your technology in terms of the problem it solves
- What is and how to conduct secondary research to identify possible disruptive technologies, techniques for competitive analysis, and internet resources available
- What is and how to conduct primary research including qualitative and quantitative methods
- SBIR/STTR Commercialization
- 8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
- Refreshments will be provided
Who should attend:
- Researchers and inventors with early-stage technology or ideas who need help identifying their market
- Anyone planning to prepare an SBIR/STTR proposal or other types of funding requiring commercialization plans
- Anyone interested in learning more about the SBIR/STTR programs and commercialization strategies
- University researchers interested in partnering with early-stage tech companies on commercialization focused funding proposals
- TechLink Center