4th Annual Lavender Celebration
- Thursday, May 2, 2019 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm
- Strand Union Building, Procrastinator Theater - view map
The Diversity & Inclusion Student Commons (DISC) is holding a Lavender Celebration to recognize the achievements and contributions of graduating LGBTQIA students and allies. The Lavender Celebration is scheduled for Thursday, May 2nd at 4:00 pm in the Procrastinator Theater followed by a reception in the Leigh Lounge.
The event will include a keynote delivered by Kim Leighton from the Montana Pride Foundation, recognition of Lavender Leaders, individual recognition of the participating graduates, awarding of lavender honor cords to be worn at the university commencement ceremony, and a reception.
RSVPs are appreciated.
Institutions of higher education across the country have been holding lavender graduation ceremonies since 1995. A Lavender Celebration recognizes LGBTQIA and ally students of all races and ethnicities and acknowledges their achievements of successfully completing the college experience.
There are three ways to get involved with Lavender Celebration:
1. Register as a Lavender graduate. All LGBTQ+ and ally students are welcome!
2. Nominate a Lavender Leader. These students, faculty and staff who have made contributions to making MSU more LGBTQ+ inclusive in the past year. These contributions can be in the form of research, advocacy, student support, or leadership and should have taken place within the past year.
3. Can't attend Lavender Celebration but want to share your thoughts on the event? Submit a quote.
For any additional questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Diversity & Inclusion Student Commons (DISC)