FD101: Budget Basics and MSU Funding Sources Provided by University Business Services
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 from 9:00am to 11:00am
- Strand Union Building, 235 - view map
Overview: In this course we will learn about the basics of budgeting at MSU. We will review; various fund types and their sources of revenue/income, types of transactions handled by Budget Office vs. those handled by UBS, budget cycle, accounting cycle (Fiscal Year End, how Budget and UBS work together, combined timeline), and more. Also included learning about MSU Funding Sources and how funds move across the University, between departments.
Why should you Attend: This course will provide entry level training intended for all individuals on campus who will be working with departmental budgets or involved in the budgeting process.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Review various fund types and their sources of revenue/income
- Working with Foundation funds
- Types of transactions handled by Budget Office vs. those handled by UBS
- How funds move across the University, between departments
- Budget cycle, Accounting cycle (Fiscal Year End, how Budget and UBS work together, combined timeline)
- Discuss various types of budget adjustments and how they appear in the Operating Ledger
- Budget and Fund Balance reports
- Overview of grant budgeting
- Budgeting in CatBooks
Who Will Benefit:
- All MSU employees wanting to learn the basics about budgeting and funding sources.
To register for this training, visit HR Training Registration and search for FD101 Busdget Basics and MSU Funding Sources.
- Terry Bishop