IoE Rough Cut Science Series - "Creating Climate Resilient Communities"
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm
- Barnard Hall, 126 - view map
As part of the Montana Institute on Ecosystems' Rough Cut Science Seminar Series, multiple speakers will present the talk "Creating Climate Resilient Communities" at noon on Wednesday, October 16 in 126 Barnard Hall.
This seminar will offer a discussion of current and anticipated climate change impacts in communities across Montana with an emphasis on how communities can begin to consider and implement climate resiliency efforts. Led by members of a new team, Climate Smart Montana, we will provide an overview of community climate assessment and planning strategies well as specific examples of climate resiliency planning efforts in Bozeman, Whitefish and Missoula.
Speakers will include:
- Amy Cilimburg, Executive Director of Climate Smart Missoula
- Paul Lachapelle, Professor in the Department of Political Science at MSU and MSU-Extension Community Development Specialist
- Kate McMahon, Planning Consultant and Board Member with Climate Smart Glacier Country
- Natalie Meyer, Sustainability Programs Director for the City of Bozeman
Watch the seminar live at https://zoom.us/j/283795654.
- Institute on Ecosystems