The HEART Initiative Presents "Ethical Consumption"
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 1:00pm to 3:00pm
- Strand Union Building, 168 - view map
Overview: In this course, we will explore the risk of funding violations of human rights and environmental degradation through personal and professional consumption. This interactive course will provide opportunities to examine your consumption and dive into innovative tools to evaluate companies and products to help you live by your values and positively impact lives across the globe.
Why should you Attend: This course will deepen your understanding of how your consumption impacts humans and the environment. It will prompt you to think more critically about the goods and services you buy, including where, how, and by whom they were produced. You will gain valuable skills to consume more ethically and to share your knowledge with your colleagues, friends, and family members.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Human and labor rights
- Big spend and big risk categories
- Initiatives by universities, governments, corporations, non-profits, etc.
- Ethical procurement at MSU and a network of universities
- What you can do to consume ethically
- How you can get involved on a university-wide level
Who Will Benefit:
- Everyone who consumes goods and services
- Individual procurement agents of the university
- Individuals interested in their footprint
- Individuals interested in sustainability and/or human rights
Register by visiting the HR Training Registration link and search for the course, PD&T Workshop Ethical Consumption.
- Human Resources