"Living with It," A multimedia event exploring Ivan Doig's life and legacy
- Thursday, October 10, 2019 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
- Norm Asbjornson Hall, Inspiration Hall
Join Friends of MSU Library for a multi-media event exploring Ivan Doig’s life and legacy. Panelists will delve into the Ivan Doig Archive to explore the author’s multiple myeloma diagnosis and its impact on his final four novels. What drove his motivation and creativity? How did he maintain stamina and optimism?
MSU History Professor and Ivan Doig Center co-director Bob Rydell will lead a poignant conversation with
- Carol Doig – Ivan’s wife and professor of journalism
- David Laskin – Writer and close friend of Ivan Doig
- Robert Patrick - Physician, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
- Brett Walker – MSU history professor and author
- Todd Wilkinson – Journalist/Mountain Journal founder
Reception to follow. A small silent auction will feature items donated by Mountain Journal and MSU Library including a signed Ivan Doig book and a Steve Fuller print.
Admission is by donation.
To register contact (406) 994-6857, email@example.com or mail a check made out to Friends of MSU Library:
Attn: Ann Vinciguearra
P.O. Box 173320
Bozeman, MT 59717-3320
- Montana State University Library