How Will Climate Change Impact Health in Montana?
- Tuesday, January 26, 2021 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm
- Webex - join on the STES website
A Community WebEx Event Featuring Dr. Alexandra Adams, Dr. Robert Byron, and Dr. Bruce Maxwell.
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 via Webex
The Center for Science Technology, Ethics and Society presents
- Alexandra Adams, M.D., PhD. Director and Principle Investigator for the Center for American Indian and Rural Health Equity at Montana State University
- Robert Byron, MD, MPH, FACP Vice Chair of the Montana Health Professionals for a Healthy Climate
- Bruce Maxwell, PhD. Co-Director for the Montana Institute on Ecosystems
You will be asked for your name, email and the password: health
We know about some of the ways in which climate change is impacting the U.S. West, through hotter temperatures,droughts, fire hazards, and changing ecosystems. A special report published by the Montana Climate Assessment details how these changes are likely to impact human health.
This interactive event will feature presentations by some of the authors of that report on the ways in which our changing climate may impact health in Montana, present challenges to rural healthcare and health equity, and as well as strategies for preventing or minimizing these impacts.
This event is free and open to the public, and there will be time for questions following the presentations.
Questions about the event? Email [email protected].