Required Title IX Compliance Training Program
President Cruzado, University Council and the Office of Institutional Equity have a strong commitment to the education and awareness of the prevention of sex discrimination, sexual harassment and gender based harassment of students on the campuses of Montana State University.
Through a collaborative effort, we are pleased to announce a new online training program on Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. In May 2012, the Montana Board of Regents of Higher Education adopted a policy for Title IX compliance [http://mus.edu/borpol/bor500/507.pdf]. The policy requires the university to provide training to all employees on sexual harassment and the campus policies and procedures for reporting sexual harassment and sexual violence.
MSU has created an online training program for this purpose. Completion of this training program is required in addition to the current training program on discrimination and harassment. Title IX training is specific to sex discrimination and gender based harassment in education. Current employees should complete the training with 30 days. New employees will be required to complete the training within 45 days. Multiple communications will be sent in various ways. It is imperative that employees be notified of this requirement and complete the training by April 15, 2013.
Accessing the Title IX Training Program:
- Go to My Info at https://atlas.montana.edu:9000/pls/bzagent/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage.
- Click on Enter Secure Area and log-in.
- Click on the tab titled My Apps towards the top of the page.
- On your list of Application(s) you should see Title IX Training listed. Click on it.
- You should see a page that gives a brief overview of the training and has a Start Training button.
- When you are ready, click the Start Training button to begin.
- Depending on your browser, you may need to scroll down to see the Next button to advance through the training.
- Completion of the training is estimated at 10-15 minutes.
- Please note: If you begin the training but are not able to complete it and you need to resume where you left off, you will need to access it from the same computer that you began the training on.
If you have questions regarding the training and/or the Title IX policy, please contact the Office of Institutional Equity, [email protected] or 406-994-2042. The complete BOR Title IX Policy can be accessed via the Board of Regents Policy and Procedure website located at this link: http://mus.edu/borpol/bor500/507.pdf For more information on Title IX please go to this website: http://www.montana.edu/titleix/