Student Organization Re-Registration Guide
Groups that want to be recognized as an official Registered Student Organization at MSU must complete the registration process once each academic year. For returning clubs, in order to keep your registration status active, you MUST register by September 30th. Clubs can register at any time throughout the year, however. The deadline is just to keep your registration status active from the previous year.
Yearly Registration will open August 1st!
IMPORTANT: This guide is for renewing a registration for an existing organization, already established in CatsConnect. If you are looking to register a brand new organization, please visit the guide at this link.
Follow these steps to complete your registration:
Go to CatsConnect. We recommend opening the CatsConnect registration form in a separate window and have this guide and the registration window side-by-side. Sign in with your NetID Password.
Click on Organizations in the menu bar and then click on Register an Organization.
You will then see a list of organizations currently eligible to renew their registration. Using the search box, search for your organization and click Re-Register.
Here are some things you should know before beginning:
- The person submitting this registration will be the organization’s primary contact. For this reason, we recommend that it is completed by the current club president.
- Only organization officers (including advisors) and current members can re-register your organziation before the priority deadline of September 30th. After September 30th, your organization can then be registered by ANYONE.
- This re-registration process should take you about 10 minutes. All the information entered in last year's registration will already be populated, so we ask that you carefully review the information and make any changes you see fit. You will then get the opportunity to update your roster and organization positions.
- You must enter a complete club roster including at least 1 faculty/staff advisor,
1 president, 1 vice president, and at least 10 total members. Email addresses for all members and officers are required. We strongly encourage you to upload your entire roster.
- Please note: CatsConnect is tied to the address information in your student account, so please use the preferred email address listed in your MyInfo. This may be your student email or your personal email address.
- Remember, 80% of your overall membership MUST be currently enrolled students.
After your registration is approved, you can add and assign the officer titles you want.
- If you are unable to complete the registration, the registration process can be continued at any time by resuming it in from your Submissions.
- If you have issues with the form or need assistance, please contact the OSE at 994-2933 or [email protected].
Add New Members and Assign Positions
Input your full membership roster here. After your registration is approved, members will receive an email inviting them to confirm their membership. Once they do, they will have access to all of your organization’s information via CatsConnect including events, notifications, documents, and so much more!
There are two ways you can input member details, but we recommend adding multiple members in bulk (option #2 below):
1. Add individual members. This will allow you to enter email addresses and assign officer positions one-by-one. This is a good option if you only have a few members or you don’t have email addresses compiled into one list.
Tip: While you have the ability to enter first and last names, you can save time by only entering email addresses at this stage. Full names and other member details will be added when members complete their CatsConnect profiles.
Troubleshooting Tip: If member entries fail to add to the roster below after clicking Add, make sure there is no extra space at the end of the email address.
2. Add multiple members in bulk. If you have many members and/or you have everyone’s email address in one list, you can copy and paste all email addresses to the field. You can then edit position assignments in the roster below.
Regardless of which option you choose, you must assign officer positions to meet the roster requirements, which are: at least 1 Advisor, 1 President, 1 Vice President, and 11 total participants. (Because CatsConnect counts your advisor as a participant, you need 10 members and one advisor to complete the membership requirements of 10 current members. Officers also count as members.) After your registration is approved, you can create and assign your remaining officer positions.
Once you add the required officers and members, the Roster Requirements at the top and bottom of the page will show four green check marks.
Tip: While it might be tempting to shortcut this process by only entering the minimum required membership, it is in your club’s best interest to enter your full active roster. Doing so will give your members access to your organization’s tools in CatsConnect and allow you to engage your members right away. Also, when prospective members check out your club’s profile, they will be able to view how many members you have and form an impression of your club.
Club Locker and Mailbox Request
OSE manages mailboxes and lockers for Registered Student Organizations to utilize. These mailboxes and lockers are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Please select the options that match your needs.
Student Organization Agreement & Informed Consent
Familiarize yourself with the policies and responsibilities you and your organization will be held to. You will find the Student Organization Policy on our website as well.
The final step before your registration can be reviewed and approved is the Advisor Agreement. Email the Advisor Agreement link to your faculty/staff advisor(s) with a request to complete the form before you submit your registration. Once we receive the Advisor Agreement, we will review your registration.
Important: You must copy the Advisor Agreement link from the Registration screen to send to your advisor. If you open the link and then copy the link from a browser, your advisor will not be able to access the form. Here is the link to the Advisor Agreement Form, https://montanastate.campuslabs.com/engage/submitter/form/start/296568.
You may review your registration before submitting, if desired. You may also print a copy of your registration for your records.
You will receive a confirmation email from [email protected] once your registration has been submitted and another when your registration is approved. Please read these confirmation emails carefully! Once approved, the confirmation email you receive will serve as your club’s official recognition letter, so be sure to save it.
If you have any questions regarding your club’s registration, please contact the OSE at 994-2933 or [email protected].