Each of the below processes must be completed within a specific time frame with deadlines depending on the semester. Specific "drop dates” and other important dates can be located on the Registrar’s website in their Registration Handbook. With all of the below processes, please also be prepared to supply appropriate documentation (such as a doctor's note for medical reasons or a narrative describing your situation).


flow chart for withdrawal options (described in text below)


Undergraduate students should go through the Office of the Registrar to complete a university withdrawal. 

Graduate students need to work with The Graduate School if they wish to withdraw from the current semester. 

    The Graduate School Withdrawal Process (under University Withdrawal)
    Montana Hall 108

Dropping Classes

Complete class drops with the Add/Drop form. Check the registration handbook (listed on Registrar's homepage) for relevant deadlines to drop classes.


Incomplete or "I" grades are processed by the faculty member.  In order to be considered for an "I" grade, the student must have completed 75% of the course and be passing the course. You can download the Incomplete form here. Please direct any questions on Incompletes to the Office of the Registrar

Prior to completing this form, the student must consult with their faculty member. The instructor has the final authority to approve or disapprove the "I" grade.