Elijah Olusola Adeniyi
MS (Geology), University of Johannesburg, South Africa. (2016).
BA (Honors) in Producing/Screenwriting, AFDA Film & TV School, Johannesburg. (2013).
B. Tech (Geology), Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (2008).
PhD in Earth Sciences
Preferred Email Address:
Dr. Mary Hubbard
Petroleum geology, sequence stratigraphy, basin analysis, organic geochemistry, clay mineralogy, geochronology, thermochronology, fluid inclusions, carbon sequestration.
2019: Norman H. Foster Memorial Award, Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG) Foundation.
2019: Grants-in-Aid Program, American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) Foundation.
2019: Graduate Student Research Grant, Geological Society of America (GSA).
2019: Memorial Funds Research Grant, Colorado Scientific Society (CSS).
2015 – 2016: Research Fellow, Centre of Excellence for Integrated Mineral and Energy Resource Analysis [CIMERA] University of Johannesburg:
2015 – 2016: Faculty of Science Merit Award, University of Johannesburg.
Adeniyi, E.O., Ossa Ossa, F.G., Kramers, J.D., De Kock, M.O., Belyanin, G., and Beukes, N.J., 2018. Cause and timing of the thermal over-maturation of hydrocarbon source rocks of the Ecca Group in the Main Karoo Basin, South Africa. Journal of Marine and Petroleum Geology. DOI10.1016/j.marpetgeo.2018.01.033.
De Kock, M.O, Beukes, N.J., Adeniyi, E.O., Cole, D., Götz, A.E., Geel, C., and Ossa Ossa, F.G., 2017. Deflating the shale gas potential of South Africa’s Main Karoo Basin. S Afr J Sci. 2017;113(9/10), Art. #2016-0331, http://dx.doi.org/10.17159/ sajs.2017/20160331.
Adeniyi, E.O., De Kock, M.O., Beukes, N.J., and Ossa Ossa, F.G., 2016. The impact of dolerite intrusions on the organic-rich mudstones of the Ecca Group in a borehole from the central Karoo Basin. 35th International Geological Congress (IGC). CTICC, Cape Town, South Africa.
Adeniyi, E.O., De Kock, M.O., Beukes, N.J., and Ossa Ossa, F.G., 2015. The effect of dolerite intrusions on the shale gas potential of the Ecca Group in borehole from the central Karoo Basin. Cape-Karoo Imbizo Karoo Conference, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
Industry Short Courses and Certifications:
2017: ExxonMobil Short Course - Reservoir Characterization, Boise, ID
- Reservoir characterization concepts and their application to geologic modelling and simulation.
2016: Drilling Methods and Techniques
- Colin Rice Exploration and Training (Pty) Ltd. Johannesburg, South Africa.
2016: Geophysical Logging and Siesmic Reflection Surveys in Litho-Structural Mapping
- Geological Society of South Africa (GSSA) - South African Geophysical Association (SAGA).
2009: Level 3 - Health, Safety and Environment Management System Supervision
- Shell Accredited, Nigeria Institute of Safety Professionals (NISP), Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
2009: Proficiency in Management
- Nigerian Institute of Managment (Chattered), Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Fall, 2017 - present: Graduate Teaching Assistant - Department of Earth Sciences, Montana State University
- Subjects: Earth Systems (ERTH 101); Sedimentology and Stratigraphy (GEO 309).
2019 (July): Research Experience in Carbon Sequestration (RECS)
- Participated in a Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS) workshop organized by the US Department of Energy. Hosted at the School of Energy Resources University of Wyoming, Basin Electric Dry Fork Station and the Integrated Test Center, Gillette, Wyoming.
2019 (March): Lab Assistant - GeoSep Services, Moscow, ID
- Magnetic, density minerals and clay mineral separation techniques competency.
2018 (Summer): Geologist (Intern): Sandfire Resources America Inc., White Sulphur Springs, MT
- Core logging and geotechnical data collection towards building a 3-D resource model for the Black Butte Copper project with OCRIS, Micromine and Leapfrog 3D software. Field visits and geophysics seismic survey for mine construction.
2017 (Jan.- Aug.): Lecturer - Academic Development Centre - University of Johannesburg.
2015 - 2017: Writing Consultant - The Writing Centre, University of Johannesburg.
2014 - 2017: Resarch Assistant and Graduate Teaching Assistant - Department of Geology, University of Johannesburg
- Subject: Sedimentology and Stratigraphy (GLG3A10)
2007 (May - Dec.): Geologist (Intern) - Upper Niger River Basin Development Authority, Minna Nigeria
- Well drilling, well logging, site mobilization, rig supervision and report writing.
SPE Society of Petroleum Engineers.
AGU American Geophysical Union.
RMAG Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists.
MGS Montana Geological Society.
SEPM Society for Sedimentary Geology.
GSA Geological Society of America.
CSPG Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologist.
GSSA Geological Society of South Africa.
SEG Society of Exploration Geophysicists
AAPG American Association of Petroleum Geologists.