Office of Student Engagement/ASMSU Positions
Volunteer with us!
Club Sports Executive Board Member
NOTE: Please select “Club Sports Executive Board” when asked “How would you like to volunteer with ASMSU?”
The MSU Department of Recreational Sports and Fitness (RSF), in conjunction with the Club Sports Executive Board (CSEB) distributes funds collected by the Student Organization Fee to registered student organizations for supporting programs, projects, and events that help the organizations succeed in meeting their goals and foster positive student development. To learn more about student organization funding, visit: http://www.montana.edu/engagement/organizations/funding.php
The Club Sports Executive Board will be the primary decision-making body in allocating the student organization fee to registered club sports. CSEB Members review and vote on funding applications from registered club sports. This board is comprised of 2 students at-large, 1 Associated Students of Montana State University (ASMSU) Senator, and 4 Club Sports officers that represent each tier level of the Club Sports program. The board will have one and advised by a staff member of the Rec Sports and Fitness Department.
Number of Seats Open:
- 1 Students At-Large (Must be at least a part-time enrolled MSU-Bozeman student)
- 1 ASMSU Senator Seat
- September through the end of April.
- 1-hour monthly Executive Board Meeting during academic year (excluding university holidays and breaks) to review Post Season Travel funding applications, disciplinary hearings, etc.
- 1 weekend + a few evenings (up to 12 hours) in April for Club Sports Funding presentations & deliberations.
- 1-2-hour Training before first Funding Board meeting.
- Time on own to review applications and prepare for Executive Board Meetings.
Funding Board Member Responsibilities:
- Attend all Club Sports Executive Board meetings unless excused.
- Come to Club Sports Executive Board meetings prepared.All applications must be read thoroughly ahead of time.
- Provide feedback to student organizations applying for funding via scoring rubrics.
- Know general Student Organization Funding Policies and Club Sports Funding Policies.
- Ability to professionally debate and discuss applications, including giving constructive feedback to student organizations regarding their funding application.
- Ability to be NEUTRAL in decision-making.Funding decisions will be made on the merit of the application NOT on the perceived merit of the student organization.
For questions, contact:
MSU Rec Sports and Fitness
Allie Bogard, CSEB Advisor
Marga Hosaeus Fitness Center