True Leaders in Equity Institute
True Leaders in Equity Institute is a training and leadership opportunity that challenges small teams of youth and adults to work together to champion equity-related projects that grow 4‑H in their communities. 4‑H believes in youth and adults working together to leverage the strengths that groups bring to their communities and world.
April 17 – 19, 2020 (April 16 may be a travel day)
At the Institute, held in Washington, D.C. at the National 4-H Conference Center, teams will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of key principles and concepts related to equity and inclusion.
- Identify a particular equity indicator and/or issue to focus on for the next year.
- Develop their skills and competencies in equity leadership and make connections to people, organizations and tools that can be helpful for their projects.
- Create an overall framework for their project for the next year and a specific 90-day action plan to implement when they return home.
Teams will consist of:
- Two passionate youth, ages 15 – 19, to bring their unique views on equity and inclusion and return home inspired to make change.
- One adult volunteer to act as a mentor, pose questions, and keep the project(s) moving.
- One extension staff person, appointed by 4‑H program leader/administrator, to support the team (e.g. specialist, educator, coordinator, etc.).