July 2022 4-H Newsletter
Geyser Lucky Clovers
- July 10th, 2022
- Caverns Trip
- Will be week of July 18th
- Kirstie will update everyone!
- August 5th, 2022
- Project Tour
- More details to come!
4-H Council Meeting
- July 7th, 2022
- 6:30 PM
- Extension Office
Montana 4-H Congress
- July 13th – 16th, 2022
- MSU Campus – Bozeman, MT
Fair Board Meeting
- July 6th, 2022
- 5:30 PM
Fair Entry Deadline
Deadline for Fair Entry is Friday, July 1st, 2022
Go to www.fairentry.com and search Judith Basin County Fair.
Use the GREEN 4HOnline button to Sign In.
Step by step instructions are included!
Horse Project Practices
June 27th, 2022
July 11th, 2022
July 25th, 2022
Erickson’s Arena – Hobson, MT
Bring horse and supplies (ropes, etc)
Call Erlonna is weather is bad or you cannot make it
Other Upcoming Clinics
Sheep Meeting/Show Clinic
June 30th, 2022
Stanford Fair Grounds
July 5th, 2022
Erickson’s House – Hobson, MT
Jessica Horan will be putting on the clinic
Record Book Tips – Part 5
- Document all “clinics” or shows that you go to! Even if it’s just a quick clinic working with your dog. Write down what you did and what you learned.
- Check over your goals that you wrote at the beginning of the year! Is there anything you wanted to accomplish before Fair Time?
- Get your feed records up to date!
- Think of goals that you want to accomplish during the Fair. Did you get all blues last year? Make a goal of getting one Grand or Reserve this year!
- Now is the time to print pictures and get them put into your 4-H book
- Get records and books put together neatly to make it easier come interview days!
- Start finishing up any last projects that needed to be complete before interview day!
Livestock Animal Update
Just a heads up for JBC Fair time!
Animals will be loaded Sunday morning after the Fair.
Fair board members will be in charge of loading livestock animals onto the truck and trailer.
Regular fair clean-up will be Saturday afternoon like normal. Market kids will need to come Sunday, August 14th from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM to clean up pens after animals have left.
Central Montana Fair
July 25th – 30th, 2022
Monday July 25th – Dog Show, Small Animal Check-In
Tuesday July 26th – Livestock check-in, Weigh-in
Wednesday July 27th – Swine show, sheep show, goat show, farm Olympics
Thursday July 28th – Beef show
Friday July 29th – Large animal round robin, Sale
Saturday July 30th – Animal release and clean up
Tips to help make Interview day easier!
- Arrive at your interview early
- Dress nicely. Nice blue jeans and a nice shirt is perfect!
- Greet your judge with a smile and a handshake
- Be ready to discuss all the positive things that happened with your projects, but also discuss the things that you wish went differently!
- Prepare for your interview by thinking about what new things you learned and how you improved
- Discuss your goals that you set and which ones you accomplished
Here’s some questions you may be asked:
- Why did you chose this project?
- What did you enjoy most? What was the most difficult part?
- What did you learn from the problems you encountered? What would you do differently next time?
- Who helped you with your project?
- What new things did you learn?
- How will you apply what you’ve learned?
- Do you plan to continue this project next year?
The MSU Extension Judith Basin County Website is up to date and a great place to find information for 4-H, AG, and HR related subjects!
Be sure to check it out!
Another great resource is: