Yellowstone County Initial Private Applicator Training
An Initial Private Applicator Training is for pesticide applicators who wish to buy and apply restricted use pesticides to land they own, rent or lease. This program meets the requirements to become licensed as a Montana Private Applicator. You may also attend for six private applicator credits towards your pesticide license.
This program is for Private Applicators only. We will not accept registration for those with other license types.
- Program #: 23-02
- Date: March 22, 2023
- Location: MetraPark 4-H Building, 308 6th Ave. North, Billings, MT 59101
- Registration: Registration encouraged by March 15th with walk-ins welcome. To register contact Trestin Benson-Feagler at (406) 256-2828 or [email protected].
- Fee: $20 cash or check at door.
- Lunch: Provided
In order to obtain your Montana Private Applicator license after attending this event you must mail in the application along with the appropriate license fee. Yellowstone County is in Private Applicator District 5. The license fee for District 5 in 2023 is $60. Please bring a check or cash made out to the Montana Department of Agriculture to cover this amount.
- 8:10 am - Welcome
- 8:15 am - Private Applicator Pesticide License, Amy Bowser, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Technician
- 8:45 am - Reading the Pesticide Product Label, Trestin Benson-Feagler, MSU Extension Agent - Yellowstone County
- 9:15 am - Integrated Pest Management, Cecil Tharp, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Specialist
- 10:15 am - Break
- 10:30 am - Pesticide Safety and Toxicity, Amy Bowser, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Technician
- 12:00 pm - Catered Lunch
- 1:00 pm - Pesticides and the Environment, Shelley Mills, MSU Extension Agent - Valley County
- 2:00 pm - Pertinent Pesticide Laws, Theresa Schrum, MDA District 2 Officer and Caitlyn Forrester, MDA District 5 Officer
- 3:00 pm - Break
- 3:15 pm - Calibration of Sprayers, Cecil Tharp, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Specialist
- 4:45 pm - Review and Exam, Amy Bowser, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Technician
- 5:30 pm - Evaluations, Licensing and Wrap Up
Pesticide Education Credits