Hill County Initial Private Applicator Training
An Initial Private Applicator Training is for pesticide applicators who wish to buy and apply restricted use pesticides to land they own, rent or lease. This program meets the requirements to become licensed as a Montana Private Applicator.
- Program #: 23-04
- Date: April 14, 2023
- Location: 4-H Chuckwagon, 1676 US Rte 2, Havre, MT 59501
- Registration: Registration encouraged by April 11th with walk-ins welcome. To register contact Colleen Pegar at (406) 400-2333 or [email protected].
- Fee: $15
- Lunch: Provided
In order to obtain your Montana Private Applicator license after attending this event you must mail in the application along with the appropriate license fee. Hill County is in Private Applicator District 3. The license fee for District 3 in 2023 is $36. Please bring a check or cash made out to the Montana Department of Agriculture to cover this amount.
- 7:30 am - Registration
- 8:00 am - Private Applicator Pesticide License, Jesse Fulbright, MSU Extension Agent - Liberty County
- 8:30 am - Pesticide Laws, Jake Degenstein, MDA District 3 Officer
- 9:30 am - Break
- 9:45 am - Reading the Pesticide Product Label, Kim Woodring, MSU Extension Agent - Toole County
- 10:15 am - Calibration of Spray Equipment, Rose Malisani, MSU Extension Agent - Cascade County
- 11:45 am - Lunch
- 12:30 pm - Integrated Pest Management, Tyler Lane, MSU Extension Agent - Chouteau County
- 1:30 pm - Pesticides and the Environment, Juli Snedigar, MSU Extension Agent - Blaine County
- 2:30 pm - Break
- 2:45 pm - Pesticide Safety and Toxicity, Colleen Pegar, MSU Extension Agent - Hill County
- 4:15 pm - Review and Exam
- 5:00 pm - Adjourn
Pesticide Education Credits