Richland County Initial Private Applicator Training
An Initial Private Applicator Training is for pesticide applicators who wish to buy and apply restricted use pesticides to land they own, rent or lease. This program meets the requirements to become licensed as a Montana Private Applicator.
- Program #: 23-05
- Date: February 15, 2023
- Location: MSU Extension Richland County Extension Office Meeting Room, 1499 N Central Ave, Sidney, MT 59270
- Registration: Registration encouraged by February 13th with walk-ins welcome. To register contact Marley Manoukian at (406) 433-1206 or [email protected].
- Fee: Free
- Lunch: Not provided
In order to obtain your Montana Private Applicator license after attending this event you must mail in the application along with the appropriate license fee. Richland County is in Private Applicator District 4. The license fee for District 4 in 2023 is $48. Please bring a check or cash made out to the Montana Department of Agriculture to cover this amount.
- 7:30 am - Registration
- 7:45 am - Private Applicator License, Jack Bazemore, MSU Extension Agent - Sheridan County
- 8:15 am - Tribal License, Wendy Becker, MSU Extension Agent - Roosevelt County
- 8:30 am - Labels and Record Keeping, Marley Manoukian, MSU Extension Agent - Richland County
- 9:20 am - Break
- 9:30 am - Integrated Pest Management, Wendy Becker, MSU Extension Agent - Roosevelt County
- 10:30 am -Calibration of Spray Equipment, Cecil Tharp, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Specialist
- 12:00 pm - Lunch on your own
- 1:00 pm - Pesticide Safety and PPE, Inga Hawbaker, MSU Extension Agent - Daniels County
- 2:30 pm - Pesticides Laws and Regulation, Diana DeYoung, MDA District Officer
- 3:30 pm - Environmental Fate, Shelley Mills, MSU Extension Agent - Valley County
- 4:30 pm - Review and Exam, Marley Manoukian, MSU Extension Agent - Richland
- 5:15 pm - Adjourn