Judith Basin County Initial Private Applicator Training
An Initial Private Applicator Training is for pesticide applicators who wish to buy and apply restricted use pesticides to land they own, rent or lease. This program meets the requirements to become licensed as a Montana Private Applicator.
- Program #: 23-06
- Date: April 6, 2023
- Location: Stanford City Hall, 102 Central Ave., Stanford, MT 59479
- Registration: Registration encouraged by April 5th with walk-ins welcome. To register contact Katie Hatlelid at (406) 566-2277 or [email protected].
- Fee: Free
- Lunch: Provided
In order to obtain your Montana Private Applicator license after attending this event you must mail in the application along with the appropriate license fee. Judith Basin County is in Private Applicator District 5. The license fee for District 5 in 2023 is $60. Please bring a check or cash made out to the Montana Department of Agriculture to cover this amount.
- 8:30 am - Registration
- 9:00 am - Private Applicator License, Cody Ream, MSU Extension Agent - Fergus County
- 9:30 am - Reading the Pesticide Product Label, Jesse Fulbright, MSU Extension Agent - Liberty County
- 10:00 am - Break
- 10:15 am - Calibration of Backpack, Boom and Broadjet Sprayers, Cecil Tharp, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Specialist
- 11:45 am - Lunch Provided
- 12:10 pm - Integrated Pest Management, Tyler Lane, MSU Extension Agent - Chouteau County
- 1:10 pm - Pesticides Laws and Regulation, Theresa Schrum, MDA District Officer
- 2:10 pm - Break
- 2:30 pm - Pesticides in the Environment, Colleen Pegar, MSU Extension Agent - Hill County
- 3:30 pm - Pesticide Safety, Amy Bowser, MSU Extension Pesticide Education Technician
- 5:00 pm - Review and Exam, Marley Manoukian, MSU Extension Agent - Richland
- 5:30 pm - Adjourn