Cascade County Initial Private Applicator Training
An Initial Private Applicator Training is for pesticide applicators who wish to buy and apply restricted use pesticides to land they own, rent or lease. This program meets the requirements to become licensed as a Montana Private Applicator.
- Program #: 23-08
- Date: May 15, 2023
- Location: Montana ExpoPark's Family Living Center, 400 3rd St NW, Great Falls, MT 59404
- Registration: Registration required by May 12th. Contact Rose Malisani at (406) 454-6980 or [email protected].
- Fee: $15 for lunch, $20 for required manuals (new applicators only)
- Lunch: Provided
In order to obtain your Montana Private Applicator license after attending this event you must mail in the application along with the appropriate license fee. Cascade County is in Private Applicator District 3. The license fee for District 3 in 2023 is $36. Please bring a check or cash made out to the Montana Department of Agriculture to cover this amount.
- 8:30 am - Sign In
- 9:00 am - Private Applicator License, Makayla Paul, MSU Extension Agent - Meagher County
- 9:30 am - Reading the Pesticide Product Label, Makayla Paul, MSU Extension Agent - Meagher County
- 10:00 am - Pesticide Safety, Colleen Pegar, MSU Extension Agent - Hill County
- 11:30 am - Lunch
- 12:00 pm - Pesticides in the Environment, Jesse Fulbright, MSU Extension Agent - Liberty County
- 1:00 pm - Integrated Pest Management, Kari Lewis, MSU Extension Agent - Glacier County
- 2:00 pm - Break
- 2:15 pm - Pesticide Law, Jake Degenstein, Montana Department of Agriculture
- 3:15 pm - Calibration of Backpack, Boom and Broadjet Sprayers, Rose Malisani, MSU Extension - Cascade County
- 4:45 pm - Review and Exam, Rose Malisani, MSU Extension - Cascade County
- 5:15 pm - Adjourn