Early Career Faculty Success Certificate
As part of the Early Career Faculty Success Program, the Center provides an early career faculty success certificate to help faculty who participate in the program. The goal is to build a welcoming and inclusive culture that spreads into classroom, research, creative and community spaces, and to equip faculty with the knowledge of how to promote student success through achieving excellence in teaching, scholarship and service.
Faculty earn the certificate after
- completing six (6) workshop credits by attending some of the workshops below,
- attending four (4) out of nine (9) Early Career Faculty Learning Community (FLC) sessions,
- completing at least one (1) reflection activity following a FLC session, and
- being in the first three years of employment at MSU.
The certificates can be included in annual review and promotion and tenure materials as well as in applications for awards.
- Most of the time 1 hour = 1 credit.
- To receive credit for Center of Faculty Excellence sponsored activities, interested faculty should sign the Record of Attendance that will be distributed at these events.
- Individuals can watch recordings of sessions and submit the Outside Activity form to [email protected].
Academic Advising – Tuesday, September 15 at 11:00 am
Intro to Grants and Finding Funding - Thursday, September 24 at 1:00 PM
- Active Learning Basics – Wednesday, September 30
Recognizing & Referring Students with Mental Health - Wednesday, October 14 at 1:00 pm
Academic Misconduct & Classroom Management - Tuesday, October 20 at 11:45 am
Title IX/Mandatory Reporter Training - Thursday, November 4 at 10:00 am in SUB 168
Researcher Visibility - Tuesday, November 17 at 1:00 pm
Questions about the program can be directed to Nika Stoop at [email protected].