To view videos, you will need to sign in with your NetID and password.
Grant Focused Workshops
Finding Grant Funding
- Friday, September 8, 2017 || 1 hour Watch now
Introduction to Grant-Writing
- Tuesday, March 24, 2016 || 1 hour Watch now
Presenters: Nika Stoop (CFE) and Micaela Young (OSP)
- Thursday, February 21 in Jabs 207 from 2:00pm – 3:00pm Watch the video of the panel
Panel: Mark Owkes, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Connie Chang, Chemical & Biological Engineering, Christa Merdorf, Cell Biology and Neuroscience, and Paul Stoy, Land Resources and Environmental Sciences.
- Wednesday, February 7, 2018 || 1 hour Watch now
Panel:Michelle Flenniken, Plant Sciences & Plant Pathology, Jim Wilking, Chemical & Biological Engineering, and Christa Merzdorf, Cell Biology & Neuroscience
Agency Specific Grant-Writing Workshops
- DOE Wednesday, January 16 || 24 min Watch the DOE video
- USDA Tuesday, December 5, 2017 || 1 hour Watch now
- NSF Tuesday, November 14, 2017 || 1 hour Watch now
- NIH Tuesday, October 24, 2017 || 1 hour Watch now
Managing your Funding
The Faculty Startup Package
- Friday, March 8, 2019 from 12:00pm to 1:00pm Watch now
Panel: Leslie Schmidt, Associate Vice President for Research and Economic Development, Dan Miller, Department Head and Professor, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering and Cassandra Balent, Accounting Operations Manager, and Mindy Brown, Director of Finance for the College of Letters and Science.
- Friday, February 13, 2015 || 1 hour Watch now
How to be a PI: Yay! I got a grant. Now what do I do?
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017 || 1 hour Watch now
Mentoring Undergraduates in Research
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019 from 3:00pm to 4:00pm Watch now
Panel: Kalli Decker and Mitch Vaterlaus, Health & Human Development, Jennifer Brown, Chemical & Biological Engineering and Greg Young, Music
Navigating the Publishing Process
- Tuesday, May 14 2:00 – 3:00 pm Watch now
Presenter: Leila Sterman, Library
Survey Design for Teaching and/or Research
- Tuesday, March 6, 2018 || 1 hour Watch now
Guest Faculty: Kaylin Greene – Sociology, Suzanne Held – Health & Human Development, and Bill Schell - Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Visualizing your Research: Graphic Abstracts and Figures
- Wednesday, May 17, 2017 || 1 hour Watch now
Below are some external educational resources to help you manage your data and create data management plans for grants.
- An open set of six webcasts, plus guidance briefs, slideshows, and handouts for each of six topics: Copyright, Data Organization, File Formats, Metadata, Storage, and Version Control. Each of these webcasts can stand alone, and these are not designed to be taken in a particular order.
- This guide is designed by European experts to help social science researchers make
their research data Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR).
2. Organise & Document
6. Archive & Publish
- The Data Management Skillbuilding Hub contains resources for better data management and is open to community input and update. These resources are adaptable across a range of contexts and intended for use by researchers, teachers, librarians, or anyone who wants to learn better data management practices.