Ifeh, Chidimma. Forrest E. Mars Jr. Grant ($14.5K) awarded to her project a USDA-funded team to incorporate Indigenous voices in creating learning resources for a sustainable chocolate value chain for the food science community.
Ifeh, Chidimma and Wan-Yuan Kuo. MSU College of Education, Health, & Human Development grant ($2K) for travel to 2023-2024 Heritage Chocolate Society meetings.
Ifeh, Chidimma. MSU College of Education, Health, and Human Development grant for travel to Senegal with the Promoting Agricultural Transformation Holistically (PATH) program.
Weaver, Matthew. MSU Awards for Excellence.
- Outstanding Graduate Student in Sustainable Food Systems, MSU College of Education, Health, & Human Development.
- MSU's graduate award in Scholarship Excellence
- First Place in the Developing Solutions for Developing Countries Competition (DSDC), Institute of Food Technologists 2020 conference
Chavez Reyes, Genesis. Moebus Fellowship ($18K), MSU College of Education, Health, & Human Development.
Li, Sharon. First place ($1K) in Sensory Division Graduate Student Research Poster Competition, Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Annual Meeting. Texture, sensory property, and marketability of lentil-enriched crackers made from Montana-grown wheat and lentils. Media: MSU News, 9/8/2020; Food Technology Magazine, 9/1/2020.
PATH team (Edwin Allan, Haley Darlinton, Amber Clifton, Emily Raber, and Cullen Kinnare). Co-developed a culturally sensitive peanut nutrition bar with Bountifield International and smallholder women farmers in Senegal, West Africa; and established an experiential food entrepreneurship curriculum with the A.K.F. Wakhine School in Senegal to support Indigenous food sovereignty.
- Montana State University Outreach and Engagement Council seed grant ($4,998.36). Media: MSU News Service, 10/26/2020.
- First place ($3,000) in the Developing Solutions for Developing Countries Competition, Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Annual Meeting. Media: IFT awardee web page; MSU News Service, 9/8/2020; The MSU Exponent, 9/24/2020; Food Technology Magazine, 9/1/2020; IFT competition recording (video).
- MSU's $50K Venture Competition. Judges' Choice Award, $1,600. Media: MSU News Service, 6/2/2020 and 9/8/2020; competition recording (video).
Abdelgaid, Mona, and Wan-Yuan Kuo. Award for Excellence for Chemical Engineering, MSU Alumni Foundation.
Allan, Edwin. Moebus Fellowship ($18K), MSU College of Education, Health & Human Development (EHHD).
- Internship Scholarship ($500), FONA International.
- Moebus Fellowship ($18K), MSU College of Education, Health, & Human Development.
- Second Place ($750) in Product Development Division Graduate Student Research Competition, IFT Annual Meeting.
- Texture Technologies Travel Grant ($250).
- Travel Award ($500), College of EHHD at MSU.
Abdelgaid, Mona. Third place in Poster Competition, American Institute of Chemical Engineers Pacific Northwest Student Regional Conference.
Turker, Mehmet. Moebus Fellowship ($9K), MSU College of Education, Health, & Human Development.