Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Chung Y, Kuo W, Liou B, Chen P, Tseng Y, Huang R, Tsai M. 2022. Identifying sensory
drivers of liking for plant-based milk coffees: Implications for product development
and application. Journal of Food Science 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.16373. To request a copy of the published manuscript, contact Wan-Yuan Kuo at [email protected].
- Allan E, Ndiaye A, Song M, Raber E, Kuo W. 2022. Developing a culturally acceptable
peanut nutrition bar with smallholder women farmers in Kaffrine, Senegal using response
surface methodology, Journal of Food Science. https://doi.org/10.1111/1750-3841.16412
- Allan E, Dunkel F, Lachapelle P, Kim S, Kinnare C, Ndiaye A, Kuo W. 2022. Developing
culturally acceptable peanut nutrition bars with smallholder women farmers in Kaffrine,
Senegal using participatory action research, Local Development & Society. https://doi.org/10.1080/26883597.2022.2115939
- Wilson S, Peterson E, Gaston M, Kuo W, Miles M. 2022. Eight weeks of lentil consumption
attenuates insulin resistance progression without increased gastrointestinal symptom
severity – A Randomized Clinical Trial, Nutrition Research 106: 12-23. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nutres.2022.08.002
- Kim S, Kuo W. 2022. The role of beliefs, pride, and perceived barriers in decision-making
regarding purchasing value-added pulse products. Foods 11: 824. https://doi.org/10.3390/foods11060824
- Kuo W, Kim S, Lachapelle P. 2020. Incorporating community culture in teaching food
innovation – ideation, prototyping, and storytelling. Journal of Food Science Education
19: 292-307. https://doi.org/10.1111/1541-4329.12201
- Kuo W, Redhouse L. "Indigenous food-science-ways: Native product innovation toward
food sovereignty with Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes." Australian Institute
of Food Science and Technology - Humanitarian Food Science & Technology Webinar, May
presentation recording (Vimeo)
- Kuo W. "Empowerment through Entrepreneurship: Building Indigenous foodways by bridging
the gap between community culture and food science education." Institute of Food Technologists - Education and International Division Joint Webcast,
- Garg S, Leisso R, Song M, Jarret B, Kuo W. "Fresh market potential and value-added
opportunities of Montana-grown cold-hardy small fruits and berries." Montana Berry
Growers association Annual Growers Conference, March 2021.
- Kuo W, Ndiaye A, Allan E, Shaw E. Indigenizing Food Science for Food Sovereignty –
Building Indigenous farm to school entrepreneurship with Senegal and Flathead Reservation
communities. Honors Presents, Montana State University. Aug 2021.
- Allan E, Dunkel F, Lachapelle P, Kim S, Kinnare C, Raber E, Ndiaye A, Kuo W. Developing
a culturally-acceptable peanut product with smallholder women farmers in Senegal –
Participatory Action Research. Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) Annual Meeting,
July 2020, Virtual Conference.
- Li S, Kuo W. Texture, sensory property, and marketability of lentil-enriched crackers
made from Montana-grown wheat and lentils. IFT Annual Meeting, July 2020, Virtual
poster PDF | poster presentation recording
- Turker M, Gilbert E, Kuo W. Effect of pre-roasting on the structural and textural
properties of lentil-enriched crackers. IFT Annual Meeting, July 2020, Virtual Conference.
- Wilson S, Peterson E, Gaston M, McMilin C, Kuo W, Miles M. 8 Weeks of lentil consumption
improves insulin sensitivity in overweight and obese adults – a randomized controlled
trial. Food & Nutrition Conference, October 2020, Indianapolis, IN.
- Turker M, Kuo W. Sensory and structural properties of crackers developed by using
red lentils (Lens esculenta) and heat treatment. IFT Annual Meeting, June 2019, New Orleans, LA.