Information for Students about HHP Internships
Welcome HHP students. On this site you will find basic information about the internship program.
Currently, we have students working with physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, adaptive sports, clinical exercise physiologists (cardiac rehab), sports nutrionist, chiropractors, and fitness instructors to name a few. The goal of this course is to provide students a non-classroom setting to apply knowledge obtained through program coursework and to explore potential career paths. Depending on the site and background/certifications of the student application of knowledge could be active or passive.
Students interested in pursuing KIN 498: Internship should complete the following steps a minimum of 1 semester BEFORE they would like to enroll.
Watch this quick informational video
- Students are responsible for knowing all the general information presented in this video
- Any student that has attended an informational meeting in the past can skip to step #2.
- Take this quick survey
- Complete steps 1 and 2 then, make an appointment with Hilary BEFORE week 9 the semester BEFORE enrollment:
- This appointment will cover potential internship locations, placement process, and enrollment information.
- Please bring something to take notes with, any work or school schedule, questions about KIN 498.