HEERF II Reporting
Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II)
CRRSA Act Funding Report and Disclosure
Funding has been allocated under the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund II (HEERF II) from the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations (CRRSAA) Act that was signed into law December 27, 2020. These funds have been provided by the federal government to directly support students facing urgent needs related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Montana State University Bozeman has disbursed funds as emergency grants to students in accordance with federal guidelines for this funding.
Montana State University Bozeman received $5,280,040 from the U.S. Department of Education to support students. As of March 31, 2021, these funds have all been distributed. The student share is fully expended. This amount will be updated every fiscal quarter as prescribed by the Federal Department of Education.
Out of the University’s eligible population for the spring 2021 term, four groups or tiers of approximately 14,200 students were eligible to receive Emergency Financial Grants under CRRSAA.
The methods used to determine which and how much students receive in emergency fund grants under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act follow:
- Undergraduate or graduate degree seeking students who were enrolled as of late February 25, 2021.
- Students enrolled exclusively in online programs were included.
- Eligible under section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
- Montana residents who were not eligible under section 484 in the Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 but who had a university address in a county with reservation related COVID 19 impacts.
- Awards were prioritized based on the 2020/2021 Expected Family Contribution (EFC) which is the value calculated because of your 2020/2021 Free Application for Federal Student Aid as of February 25, 2021.
- MSU Bozeman selected a four-tiered approach to more equitably help as many eligible students as possible, prioritizing need based on the calculated EFC and institutional cost of attendance.
- Students were sent a communication informing them of the award.
Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting
Last Updated: 6/30/21