Montana State University's goal is to protect the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff while providing a high-quality, on-campus educational experience.
Achieving this will require caution and flexibility to respond to the uncertainties and social changes the COVID-19 pandemic have prompted throughout the world of higher education, including the adoption of new technologies to communicate and deliver course content.
With scientists and public health experts in agreement that COVID-19 will remain a fact of life, MSU will continue to aggressively and creatively address and manage the complexities the virus has introduced.
An organization of the size and complexity of Montana State University requires careful and consultative planning. On Feb. 23, the university formed the University Reconstitution Committee, which is co-chaired by Robert Mokwa, provost and executive vice president of academic affairs, and Terry Leist, vice president of administration and finance. The URC serves as an advisory committee to President Waded Cruzado.
The URC has seven members who each direct a working group addressing an areas of strategic importance to MSU. The working groups and their chairs are:
- Academic Continuity Task Force: Tami Eitle, Vice Provost for Curriculum, Accreditation and Assessment
- Human Resources: Jeannette Grey Gilbert, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Student Success: Tony Campeau, Registrar
- Athletics: Leon Costello, Director of Athletics
- Finance: Aaron Mitchell, Assistant Vice President for Financial Services
- Auxiliary Services: Tom Stump, Associate Vice President for Auxiliary Services
- University Services: Dan Stevenson, Associate Vice President of University Services
Questions or suggestions may be submitted to members of the University Reconstitution Committee or to the members of the relevant working groups. See a list of members and their addresses.