Update History for COVID-19 Website
Below you will find a history of the updates made to this website from the start of the pandemic through April 2021.
Please note that update information has been added to most pages on this site as of June 2021, and this page will no longer be revised.
April 13, 2021
- 1:45 p.m. – Updated information on the CARES Act Funding Report and Disclosure page.
April 12, 2021
- 9:23 a.m. – Updated FAQ to include information about fall 2021 plans.
April 1, 2021
- 1:07 p.m. – Updated the hours for the Student Testing Center at Bobcat Stadium.
- 1:40 p.m. – Updated travel information in the MSU Roadmap and on the travel page to align with the latest communication from the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education.
Feb. 24, 2021
- 11:41 a.m. - Updated information on the CARES Act Funding Report and Disclosure page.
Feb. 19, 2021
- 3:41 p.m. – Updated the FAQ page to include revised dates for the fall 2021 semester.
Feb. 18, 2021
- 11 a.m. – Updated the MSU Roadmap with new information regarding research operations from the Vice President for Research, Economic Development and Graduation Education.
Feb. 12, 2021
- 1:33 p.m. – Added president's communication about ongoing MSU face mask requirement and updated the relevant FAQ entry with that information.
Jan. 28, 2021
- 5:06 p.m. – Added FAQ related to COVID-19 vaccines.
- 4:10 p.m. – Updated the FAQ entry regarding university-sponsored and -affiliated international travel, and updated the travel information page.
Jan. 27, 2021
- 8:42 a.m. – Published resource page about vaccines for COVID-19.
Jan. 22, 2021
- 8:18 a.m. - Added communication from President Cruzado concerning extension of asymptomatic testing for residence hall students.
- 10:30 a.m. – Edited testing information page to reflect today's announcement from President Cruzado about the extension of asymptomatic testing.
Jan. 8, 2021
- 3:09 p.m. – Updated asymptomatic testing information and Student Testing Center hours for spring semester.
Jan. 6, 2021
- 1:29 p.m. - Updated COVID-19 testing information page with new information on asymptomatic testing for residence hall students. Added communication from President Cruzado concerning asymptomatic testing and updated the frequently asked questions page with new information.
Jan. 4, 2021
- 8:34 p.m. - Added new communication from President Cruzado.
Dec. 30, 2020
- 4:05 p.m. - Confirmed accuracy of COVID-19 symptoms listing against the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- 2:23 p.m. - Regular update to CARES Act reporting page.
Dec. 29, 2020
- 3:50 p.m. - Updated the FAQ entries for Residence Life and Q/I Housing.
Dec. 22, 2020
- 10:01 a.m. – Updated information on the Clean 'Cat Kit page.
Dec. 21, 2020
- 9:23 a.m. –Added quarantine and isolation guidelines page.
- 9:15 a.m. -- Updated information on after testing page.
Dec. 18, 2020
- 4:23 p.m. – Updated information on the Clean 'Cat Kit page.
Dec. 14, 2020
- 8:41 a.m. – Added updated information to the employee leave page concerning the expiration of federal COVID-19 leave on Dec. 31.
Dec. 7, 2020
- 9:30 a.m. - Updated various pages to reflect new guidance on close contact quarantine duration from the Gallatin City-County Health Department.
Dec. 2, 2020
- 4:01 p.m. - Updated information on the CARES Act Funding Report and Disclosure page.
Nov. 30, 2020
- 11:30 a.m. - Updated resources listing on homepage and updated hours for Symptomatic Student Testing Center on the testing page.
Nov. 13, 2020
- 3:45 p.m. - Added Guide for Leaving Campus, Quarantine/Isolation Housing Resources, and Contact Tracing badges on resources page.
- 10:00 a.m. - Added new communication from President Cruzado.
Nov. 5, 2020
- 2:09 p.m. - Updated MSU Symptomatic Student Testing Center hours on the testing information page.
- 1:03 p.m. - Updated a question about home internet access on the FAQ page.
Nov. 4, 2020
- 10:47 a.m. - Added question about meals for people with dietary restrictions in quarantine and isolation housing to FAQ page.
Oct. 28, 2020
- 9:37 a.m. - Updated MSU Symptomatic Student Testing Center hours on the testing information page.
Oct. 26, 2020
- 11:06 a.m. - Added link to archives messsages from the provost to communications page.
- 10:21 a.m. - Added president's email to the campus community, "Calling All Bobcat Leaders!"
Oct. 21, 2020
- 10:44 a.m. - Added new quarterly CARES Act report.
Oct. 14, 2020
- 9:43 a.m. - Updated big boxes on COVID-19 homepage and graphics on the Wear a Mask and Practice Social Distancing webpages .
Oct. 12, 2020
- 2:47 p.m. - Updated item regarding winter commencement on FAQ page.
Oct. 1, 2020
Sept. 29, 2020
- 9:06 p.m. - Updated information about winter commencement and international travel on FAQ page.
- 8:57 p.m. - Updated travel information on the resources section of the website.
Sept. 25, 2020
- 3:19 p.m. - Added a new section dedicated to quarantine and isolation housing to the FAQ.
Sept. 11, 2020
- 11:46 a.m. - Updated FAQ page.
Sept. 2, 2020
- 4:58 p.m. - Added a question to the FAQ about the reporting of campus-affiliated COVID-19 cases.
Sept. 1, 2020
Aug. 27, 2020
- 4:02 p.m. - Added Testing Information and link to MSU's COVID-19 Self-Checker to COVID-19 home page.
- 3:45 p.m. - Added Testing Information to resources page.
- 2:53 p.m. - Added link to MSU's COVID-19 Self-Checker to know the symptoms page.
- 12:52 p.m. - Added president's email to students regarding the MSU Symptomatic Student Testing Center and published pages about MSU student testing and what to do after you've been tested.
Aug. 26, 2020
- 4:47 p.m. - Updated employee leave options page.
- 4:43 p.m. - Added employee options related to childcare page.
Aug. 25, 2020
- 12:46 p.m. - Updates to FAQ page.
- 10:42 a.m. - Published informational page about QT 3 disinfectant included in Clean 'Cat Kits.
Aug. 20, 2020
Aug. 18, 2020
- 12:58 p.m. - Updated information on the CARES Act Funding Report and Disclosure page.
Aug. 17, 2020
- 10:53 a.m. - Updated information on the CARES Act Funding Report and Disclosure page.
Aug. 14, 2020
- 8:57 a.m. - Added more prominent links to the CDC Self-Checker on the homepage and Know the Symptoms page.
Aug. 13, 2020
- 4:20 p.m. - Added link to employee guidance page to the Facilities COVID-19 resources page.
- 11:32 a.m. - Added link to the Clean 'Cat Kit departmental request form to our Clean 'Cat Kit page.
Aug. 10, 2020
- 1:49 p.m. - Added "Facilities Resources" section to resources page.
- 11:03 a.m. - Added clarification to the face mask information page and to the frequently asked questions that face masks are required in hallways as well as classrooms.
Aug. 7, 2020
- 2:09 p.m. - Design updates and reorganization of the employee guidances pages. Also provided information on how employees should respond if they learn a student or co-workers has tested positive for COVID-19.
Aug. 6, 2020
- 2:10 p.m. - Added material to the frequently asked questions page.
- 11:13 a.m. - Added a new email from President Cruzado to the communications page.
Aug. 5, 2020
- 4:24 p.m. - Revised frequently asked questions concerning residence life.
July 29, 2020
- 11:23 a.m. - Added a new email from President Cruzado to the archived communication page.
July 27, 2020
- 4:36 p.m. - Added information about distribution of Clean 'Cat Kits.
- 2:40 p.m. - Added an item to the FAQ page under the academics heading.
July 22, 2020
- 2:41 p.m. - Added new email from president to communications archive regarding surveillance testing partnership with the state of Montana.
- 9:27 a.m. - Updates made to the face mask guidance page and information for employees page.
July 15, 2020
- 2:22 p.m. - Added president's communication on class schedules for fall 2020 to communications archive.
July 13, 2020
- 3:01 p.m. - Add links to employee information page, homepage and FAQ page to information about Clean 'Cat Kits.
July 8, 2020
- 3:20 p.m. - Added new email from president to communications archive page regarding face masks.
July 2, 2020
- 9:53 a.m. - Updated information on the CARES Act Funding Report and Disclosure page.
June 30, 2020
- 1:29 p.m. - Updated entries on the FAQ regarding residence life.
June 24, 2020
- 3:08 p.m. - Updated entries on the FAQ page for travel.
June 17, 2020
- 8:37 a.m. - Added PDF download option to Roadmap for Fall 2020.
June 16, 2020
- 9:00 a.m. - Updated FAQ on research with new information from VPREDGE.
- 9:27 a.m. - Typos were corrected on the Roadmap for Fall 2020 document.
June 15, 2020
- 9:29 a.m. - Updated FAQ entry on library services to reflect planned June 29 building opening date.
June 10, 2020
- 8:55 a.m. - Published Montana State University's Roadmap for Fall 2020.
June 1, 2020
- 11:08 a.m. - Archived email from president regarding publication of the MUS Healthy Fall 2020 Task Force guidelines.
May 29, 2020
- 11:38 a.m. - Added guidance from Human Resources on returning to work on-site.
May 22, 2020
- 9:50 a.m. - Add email from provost's office regarding special use space to communications archive.
May 21, 2020
- 3:16 p.m. - Added information about Bobcat Relief to the homepage.
- 2:53 p.m. - Updated entries on the FAQ page for residence life and the fitness center.
- 8:20 a.m. - Added President Cruzado's weekly email to the communications archive.
May 19, 2020
- 8:26 a.m. - Updated research operations page to reflect current operations level.
May 15, 2020
- 4:31 p.m. - Added new FAQ entries for Residence Life.
- 1:44 p.m. - Completed general updates to frequently asked questions.
- 9:22 a.m. - Added president's email concerning changes in the start dates for the upcoming academic term.
May 13, 2020
- 2:01 p.m. - Added email from the president to the campus community to the communication archive.
May 12, 2020
- 11:31 a.m. - Added email from provost to faculty regarding planning for fall.
May 8, 2020
- 3:27 p.m. - Added email from provost to students about pass/fail grading option.
May 7, 2020
- 10:54 a.m. - Uploaded new posters about COVID-19 symptoms to the downloads gallery.
May 6, 2020
- 3:05 p.m. - Added email from VPREDGE to communications archive.
- 9:17 a.m. - Removed link to event updates page from side navigation. The page has not been updated in more than a month as most events in the MSU calendar have been updated since the pandemic situation started. The page is still available via direct link.
- 8:55 a.m. - Added dean of students email to communications archive.
May 5, 2020
- 2:46 p.m. - Added laundering information to face coverings instruction page.
- 9:15 a.m. - Upaded frequently asked questions with information about face masks.
- 8:32 a.m. - Added email from the president regarding return-to-work plans and reminders to the archive.
May 4, 2020
- 2:54 p.m. - Updated symptoms of COVID-19 listed an the About COVID-19 page.
- 10:43 a.m. - Added provost's email regarding pass/fail grading options for spring 2020.
- 8:33 a.m. - Added email from VPREDGE regarding research operations and edited Research Operations page with new information.
April 30, 2020
- 5:10 p.m. - Added email titled Montana State’s planning for Fall Semester 2020 from the President to Bobcat parent and family members
- 1:50 p.m. - Added email titled Montana State’s planning for Fall Semester 2020 from the President to MSU students, faculty, and staff
April 27, 2020
- 2:25 p.m. - Added informatio to prevention tips page and added question regarding the library's archival COVID-19 project to the FAQ page.
April 24, 2020
- 4:26 p.m. - Added item to FAQ about summer courses.
- 8:42 a.m. - Added email from VPREDGE regarding research operations to archive.
April 23, 2020
- 2:02 p.m. - Added email from president regarding gradual reopening plans.
April 17, 2020
- 2:30 p.m. - Updated frequently asked questions to address guidance on cloth face coverings from Safety and Risk Management; archived two new emails, one from VPREDGE and another from Safety and Risk.
April 16, 2020
- 3:50 p.m. - Added provost's email to faculty regarding final exams.
April 13, 2020
- 2:30 p.m. - Added release from provost's office regarding summer classes to communications archive.
- 9:27 a.m. - Updated information for employees page.
April 8, 2020
- 8:19 a.m. - Updated information for employees page.
April 7, 2020
- 5:10 p.m. - Added letter from the President titled Governor extends stay-at-home directive through April 24
- 11:48 a.m. - Added letter from Division of Student Success to messages and updates archive.
April 6, 2020
- 9:52 a.m. - Added update to item onthe campus event updates list.
April 3, 2020
- 4:24 p.m. - Added email from Admin and Finance titled Building Access Restrictions
- 4:07 p.m. - Addeditem tothe campus event updates list.
- 10:15 a.m. - Added email from President with Commencement Information for MSU Spring Class of 2020
- 10 a.m. - Added information regarding changes to Spring Commencement to FAQ.
April 2, 2020
- 10:24 a.m. - Added email from Dean of Students titled How parents can help their students: A resource list
April 1, 2020
- 10:21 a.m. - Added email from the Dean of Students
- 10:14 a.m. - Added email from the VP for Student Success
- 9:40 a.m. - Published page listing tips for preventing the spread of COVID-19.
March 31, 2020
- 3:24 p.m. - Revised travel answers on frequently asked questions page to align with travel-related self-quarantine directive from the Montana governor. Also updated informational boxes sitewide with current advice for people exposed to diagnosed COVID-19 cases or who are exhibiting symptoms.
- 10:33 a.m. - Updated travel information page with self-quarantine directive from Montana governor's office.
- 8:35 a.m. - Added additional bullet points to Paid COVID-19 Overview section of employee information page.
March 30, 2020
- 3:51 p.m. - Addeditem tothe campus event updates list.
- 8:30 a.m. - Added Please Stay at Home email from the President
March 27, 2020
- 4:21 p.m. - Added president's email regarding the governor's stay-at-home directive to archived communications page.
- 11:02 a.m. - Revised questions on research FAQ to refer to current Research Operations Level.
- 10 a.m. - Added download link for telework agreement to Employee Guidance and FAQ page.
March 26, 2020
- 3:12 p.m. - Updated FAQ to include information about connecting to the internet at a nearby university or college.
- 9:26 a.m. - Added note to Employee Guidance and FAQ regarding Human Resources Business Partner Contacts providing Paid COVID-19 Leave Request forms.
- 9:17 a.m. - Added email Transition to Level 2 Research Operations from VPR to MSU faculty, staff, and students, edited research operations page with note about this transition.
- 8:30 a.m. - Added email Amendment to MSU tenure review timeline for currently employed pre-tenured faculty from the Provost to MSU faculty
March 25, 2020
- 4:12 p.m. - Addeditem tothe campus event updates list.
- 3:50 p.m. - Updated FAQ to include information about accessing MSU Library materials and resources.
- 10:15 a.m. - Revised entry on FAQ for prorated housing refunds and linked to new Residence Life website on the subject.
March 24, 2020
- 2:20 p.m. - Added items tothe campus event updates list.
- 8:50 a.m. - Added new email from Provost to faculty titled Dear Faculty: Please connect with your students today
- 8:22 a.m. - Posted revisions to the Employee Guidance and FAQs from MSU Human Resources.
March 23, 2020
- 5:20 p.m. - Added new email from ASMSU President to MSU students
- 2:55 p.m. - Addeditem tothe campus event updates list.
- 11:14 a.m. - Added information regarding pass/fail grading for undergraduates to the FAQ.
- 10:55 a.m. - Added item tothe campus event updates list.
- 9:50 a.m. - Added email titled Important Pharmacy Information for MSU Students from Student Health Partners and email titled Modified Pass/Fail grading option for Spring 2020 from the Provost, both sent to MSU students
- 9:07 a.m. - Updated FAQ to include information about student computer labs.
March 22, 2020
- 3:50 p.m. - added information and link to the list of currently open computer labs and available workstations in each
March 20, 2020
- 7:19 p.m. - Published email from President Cruzado to the campus community in preparation for the resumption of spring semester.
- 3:51 p.m. - Added items tothe campus event updates list.
- 11:31 a.m. - Published links to additional resources for online learning, teaching and UIT resources to COVID-19 homepage.
- 11:09 a.m. - Added items to the campus event updates list.
- 10:16 a.m. - Added research-related email from Vice President of Research, Economic Development and Graduate Education to archive page.
March 19, 2020
- 5:30 p.m. - Update made to Employee Guidance and FAQs.
- 3:20 p.m. - Updated question about seasonal influenza vaccines on the general FAQ.
- 3:12 p.m. - Added item to the campus event updates list.
- 1:42 p.m. - Added question regarding refunds to the frequently asked questions list.
- 12:04 p.m. - Added items to the campus event updates list.
- 11:45 a.m. - Added clarifying question about Family & Graduate Housing to thegeneral FAQ.
- 10:13 a.m. - Updated Residence Life and Academics sections of frequently asked questions page.
March 18, 2020
- 9:38 p.m. - Published new email from president to campus community, Important Information: New Guidelines from Montana University System
- 4:12 p.m. - Added items to the campus event updates list.
- 10:55 a.m. - Added item to the campus event updates list.
March 17, 2020
- 3:45 p.m. - Added downloadable posters about social distancing for offices, computer labs and other spaces on campus.
- 3:00 p.m. - Added items to the campus event updates list.
- 2:34 p.m. - Added residence life-related questions to the general FAQ.
- 1:56 p.m. - Added information to the homepage regarding FAQs and employee guidance.
- 12:18 p.m. - Published COVID-19 Employee Guidance & FAQs
- 11:34 a.m. - Updated frequently asked questions page listing regarding university-sponsored and -affiliated travel.
- 11:09 a.m. - Additions to the campus event updates list.
- 9:34 a.m. - Added items to the campus event updates list.
March 16, 2020
- 9:38 p.m. - Added new email from the Office of the President.
- 5:21 p.m. - Added several updates to campus event updates list.
- 4 p.m. - Updated information about Level 3 travel restrictions on COVID-19 homepage, linking to information about areas with ongoing, widespread transmission of the virus.
- 4 p.m. - Published new page tracking history of updates to MSU COVID-19 webpage.
- 4 p.m. - Published new page listing updates to campus events.
- 4 p.m. - Published new page about Managing Stress and Anxiety.