ISSS staff can give suggestions and information to scholars with families about the public schools, daycare, and children’s activities. Many services and activities are available in Bozeman for J-2 dependents, including free English classes and inexpensive general interest classes through the Bozeman Adult Education Program for adults.


Employment - J-2 spouses and children (ages 16-21) can apply for work permission. There is a cost of $410 to apply and processing time generally takes 2-3 months. ISSS staff will assist with this process, and an appointment is required.


Study - J-2 dependents may study part or full time.


J-2 dependents may travel separately from the J-1 visa holder, but need a travel signature.