General Information 

Science educators are welcome to enroll in courses without admissions to the graduate certificate program. These students are required to submit a non-degree seeking graduate application through the Graduate School. Up to 3 credits taken as non-degree are eligible for transfer into the Graduate Certificate program. Up to 9 credits taken as non-degree are eligible for transfer into the MS in Science Education program.

Note: Special tuition rates are offered to non-degree seeking students taking MSSE online courses, however, you must choose Online Only - Non-Degree as your "Admissions Type" on the first page of the application. MSSE campus-based courses would not be eligible for online tuition rates if taken as non-degree. You must be admitted to a certificate or master's program for online tuition rates to apply to campus courses.

Non-degree Graduate Status

Non-degree graduate students are those who have earned a bachelor’s degree and:

  • want to take graduate courses but are not admitted to a degree program.
  • have been denied regular or provisional admission;
  • have non-degree standing through the recommendation of the department or The Graduate School;
  • whose formal degree application is pending final action;
  • who applied too late to be admitted for the intended term.

Non-degree seeking applicants must submit the Application for Graduate Admission to The Graduate School. All applications must include a completed application, non-refundable application fee payment of $60, and an official transcript reflecting the completion of the first bachelor's degree. *see note above for additional application instructions.