Fall 2020 Online Courses
Fall registration is now open!
Most online courses will run August 31 - November 25, unless otherwise specified. (Course schedule subject to modification)
When you register, take note of the CRN #'s provided below for courses you intend to take.
See link to register below the course list.
- BIOE 527 Teaching Evolution (3 cr) CRN# 24575 Begins Aug 31st
- BIOE 536 Local Ecosystems for Teachers (1 cr) CRN# 24982 Begins August 31st
- BIOH 586 AP Biology for Teachers: Big Ideas Approach (3 cr) CRN# 25113 Begins Aug 31st
- CHMY 596 Exploring Organic Chemistry for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 24403 Begins Aug 31st
- CHMY 599 AP/IB Chemistry for Teachers: An Atoms First Primer (3 cr) CRN# 24404 Begins Aug 31st
ERTH 523 Weather for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN# 25365 Begins Oct 12th
- ERTH 524 K-14 Earth System Science (2 cr) CRN# 24313 Begins Oct 12th
- ERTH 595 Historical Geology (3 cr) CRN# 24405 Begins Aug 31st
Land Resources & Environmental Science
- LRES 585 Water Quality for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 25366 Begins Aug 31st
- MB 539 Infection and Immunity (3 cr) CRN# 23223 Begins Aug 31st
- PHSX 405 Special Relativity (3 cr) CRN # 20737 Begins Aug 31st
PHSX 511 Astronomy for Teachers (3 cr) CRN# 23478 Begins Aug 31st
- PHSX 572 Space Science for Elementary Teachers (1 cr) CRN # 24643 Begins Oct 12th
Education Core courses
Required courses for science educators enrolled in MSSE only*
Education, Curriculum & Instruction
MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# 22992 Begins Aug 31st *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
- MSSE 504 Formative Assessment in Science Education (3 cr) Begins Aug 31st
Instructors (4 sections):
John Graves (CRN# 24478) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# 24476), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# 24475), Kate Solberg (CRN# 24477)
- MSSE 509 Implementing Action Research in Science Education (3 cr) Begins Aug 31st
Instructors (3 sections):
John Graves (CRN# 24479) , Marcie Reuer (CRN# 24481), Walt Woolbaugh (CRN# 24480)
MSSE graduate students, please note:
For MSSE 504 & 509, be sure to choose the section with your advising instructor using the CRN number that will be provided when registration is open.
- MSSE 501 Inquiry through Science & Engineering Practices (2 cr) CRN# 22992 Begins Aug 31st *(Required of program, not limited to MSSE students)
It may seem odd, but unique friendships are created with people on-line. The collaboration with some of the finest science educators across the world everyday makes the MSSE distance learning courses very unique as well as rewarding. ~Washington Teacher