School of Music Concert/Lecture Attendance Policy
Concert Attendance Requierment
- Concerts and recitals that count for concert attendance credit include any SoM, public school, public library, or professional/academic sponsored events or festivals, or any events on or off campus involving SoM faculty members.
- If a student wishes to count an event outside these parameters, they may write a one page paper describing the performance in order to have the event considered for concert credit by their academic advisor.
- Recordists may count attendance as long as he/she hears the entire performance and appropriately logs in and out.
Allowable Lecture Events:
- 11:00 a.m. Music Major Seminars with guests and/or special topic lectures
- Any lecture event (not a class) the student might attend that deals with an appropriate music, teaching, or music technology topic
- MSU sponsored events on campus may also count toward this requirement with approval and proof of attendance.