Depending on the nature of your research, your protocol may not require a formal Consent Form. However, please include a simple, written consent statement that includes the following. This information can be used as an introduction to a survey.
- An introduction of yourself and your research purposes to your subjects - must clearly state that this is research conducted by Montana State University
- Contact info for yourself (lead PI) should subjects have any questions
- Contact info for the MSU IRB (use the general [email protected] email or contact info on the website)
- Explain how/where/when you plan to use subject feedback with relevant details on anonymity or lack thereof
- State this or similar phrasing: Participation is voluntary and you can choose to not answer any questions you do not want to answer and/or you can stop at any time.
- State this or similar phrasing: Proceeding with the survey/interview/questionnaire indicates your consent to participate.