Minutes from February 25, 2015
Planning Council Minutes
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
President's Conference Room
|Members Present:||Members Present:||Others Present:|
|Randy Babbitt||Sara Mannheimer||Rebecca Belou|
|Virginia Bratton||Brendan Mumey||Jeanne Marie Callahan|
|Adam Edelman||Martha Potvin||Ian Godwin|
|Tami Eitle||Christina Sieloff||Michael Reidy|
|Alison Harmon||Myles Watts|
I. Welcome and announcements
II. Approval of minutes from December 16, 2014 and January 28, 2015
Minutes were approved by consensus.
III. Discussion: How to get Input on Prioritization, cont.
A. Faculty Senate document
Michael Reidy and Randy Babbitt presented the Faculty Senate Prioritization Document. They expressed clear agreement among faculty on priorities as described in the document. The hope is for all councils and faculty within the councils to use this document to guide prioritization and budget conversations. Alignment between the priorities and specific objectives and metrics is provided.
Follow up discussion
- potential changes to council structure
- narrowing list of objectives even within the FS short list
- appropriateness of inclusion of student:faculty ratios in the next iteration of the strategic plan
- process for generating the FS document
- what to do next to incorporate these priorities in budgets and planning/how best to drive the desired outcomes
- Need for scholarships/tradeoffs with other financial aid opportunities/lower tuition
- Bottom line is to preserve and enhance quality
B. Feedback questionnaire
Ian Godwin presented a draft questionnaire to solicit feedback from faculty and staff to aid in our prioritization discussion. Several changes were suggested. Goal will be to edit, get PC feedback, and send out the invitation shortly after spring break.
IV. Other business
No other business. Meeting adjourned at 2:10 p.m.
Next Meeting: March 25, 2015 1 p.m., PCR